Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Everything you wanted to know about CC: Status, Properties, Promos (READ ME FIRST)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you wanted to know about CC: Status, Properties, Promos (READ ME FIRST)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:25 pm

Why is CC so poor at running point promotions like IHG - it's frustrating as I'd love to move away from IHG and come back to CC but there is never any incentive
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by mowake
Why is CC so poor at running point promotions like IHG - it's frustrating as I'd love to move away from IHG and come back to CC but there is never any incentive
I disagree. It is most generous with the 2/3K bookonline promo, the 20X+Elite status per night. Last year the massive lucrative promos for one stay (200K for 4 nights), the Radisson BOGO, plus the Credit Card benefits, etc. Last promo was 10K for 2 night stay. Yes they have not had any resent promos. Yes, their properties are not aspirational. BUT more straightforward promos.

IHG has had an interesting 2013/2014 Big win Promo "if you were lucky". Some people got shafted, I had 100K promos for 5 night stays.

Overall, I participate in both programs, have both their credit cards so at least Gold and Platinum. Now I am working on IHG Bigwin. No stays at CC. When CC has their promo, I will move to them.

I think your incentive should be to participate in Both.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:02 am

I agree

I do participate in both - unfortunately my company book the hotel so I miss the online bonus - not sure what the 20x elite is tho?

I like the new stay 3 get 1 free however I wish it wasn't capped at 1

I've just nailed my Big Win 1 and got 139,000 and If I get accepted for the black Visa I will nail 138,000 plus 40,000 sign up on the card!

occasionally participate in the marriot rewards but no real incentive!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:57 pm

As a Gold member, if I make a Club Carlson booking via OTA, will my Gold benefits be honored with the hotel? I'm worried it might not be since I did not book directly.

I found a much better deal via OTA, but Club Carlson wouldn't match them with a BRG since the cancellation time differed by a few hours.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by DangerAvoider
As a Gold member, if I make a Club Carlson booking via OTA, will my Gold benefits be honored with the hotel? ...

third party bookings are never point eligible and don´t count as a qualifying stay.
for the other gold benefits (like room upgrade egg.): it depends on the individual hotel if they honour your status, but you don´t have any right that your status will be honoured
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
So to be clear

I just booked thru my work travel agency American Express

Will that 1. count as an eligible stay credit and 2. will it count toward the big win promo

I'd cancel and rebook but I do not know the code; I call our travel and they say, you need to book via AX travel so they won't even give it to me
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Question:

Is booking/canceling an award night considered as an activity? I booked several months ago some rooms with points obtained in the massive promo of 20 months back. If I cancel those nights, will I loose those points?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:04 am

My first statement just closed and points were posted on USBank. However, club carlson claims they wont see them on their end until 6-8 weeks.

Can anyone confirm this? Or should I expect to see them sooner?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by spemcc
My first statement just closed and points were posted on USBank. However, club carlson claims they wont see them on their end until 6-8 weeks.

Can anyone confirm this? Or should I expect to see them sooner?
I just got the CC myself, and my statement closed 2/2 or thereabouts. I only checked my Carlson account yesterday, but the points and status were reflected there.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: Club carlson
Do i earn online booking bonus of 2000 points even for the bookings paid entirely using point?? for example, If I stay at 28k property for 2 nights using points and booked online, will be qualify for 2000 point online booking bonus?
thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by netnet
Do i earn online booking bonus of 2000 points even for the bookings paid entirely using point?? for example, If I stay at 28k property for 2 nights using points and booked online, will be qualify for 2000 point online booking bonus?
thanks.
Bookings made with points (only) are NOT eligble for pointsearning. That included the booking bonus and extra charges to your room.

Points and cash bookings does give you the booking bonus.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by mgo72
Question:

Is booking/canceling an award night considered as an activity? I booked several months ago some rooms with points obtained in the massive promo of 20 months back. If I cancel those nights, will I loose those points?
Do you have an update? I have some points that is expiring but I dont have a plan to use them yet. Do you have another method to move the account?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:51 pm

If room booked under my account, can we pay with my husband's CC credit card?

I need one more night stay for the Club Carlson bonus going on for 3 nights since I was only able to get 2 nights through work travel. So I booked a cheap one night local stay under my account. But I don't have a Club Carlson credit card whereas my husband does have one.

If he pays for the room during checkout with his Club Carlson credit card, I just want to confirm that I will get the stay credit to meet the promotion requirements. This stay is a mattress run strictly to get the points so I don't want to mess it up just to get a few more points through the credit card!

Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by ruffyruff
Do you have an update? I have some points that is expiring but I dont have a plan to use them yet. Do you have another method to move the account?
That seemed your 1st post on FT,Welcome to FT.
I dont think that booking some reservations and then cancelling them would count as an activity.But to be sure,why not contact the Club Carlson representatives at FB page.Their are generally pretty accurate and quick to reply with.They can even personally looking into your account if need to.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by ckosh
I need one more night stay for the Club Carlson bonus going on for 3 nights since I was only able to get 2 nights through work travel. So I booked a cheap one night local stay under my account. But I don't have a Club Carlson credit card whereas my husband does have one.

If he pays for the room during checkout with his Club Carlson credit card, I just want to confirm that I will get the stay credit to meet the promotion requirements. This stay is a mattress run strictly to get the points so I don't want to mess it up just to get a few more points through the credit card!

Thanks
Well,the booking is under your name and under your account ? If thats so,i dont see any reason why the night wont be credited to your account.
Though,i dont see it worth enough for the hassles,even if it arises.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.