Wiki Posts
Search

Government Rates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Government Rates

I just searched for properties and could not find the Government Rate option. All it let me search on was "Lowest Available Rate" and the Government Rate didn't show up in the rate lists. Any idea why that is?
Old May 2, 2012, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Nobody?

No moderator or Club Carlson representative to weigh in on this?

No other government employees with similar experiences?

Sometimes the regular rate is below per diem. Sometimes not. If I'm stuck with regular rates then my ability to stay at Club Carlson locations will be hit and miss.
Old May 2, 2012, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by RDB68
Nobody?

No moderator or Club Carlson representative to weigh in on this?

No other government employees with similar experiences?

Sometimes the regular rate is below per diem. Sometimes not. If I'm stuck with regular rates then my ability to stay at Club Carlson locations will be hit and miss.
If there is no government rate, that means the hotel chain does not have an official contract with the government. There are some small hotel chains that will never get to sign the contract with the federal government.

This is also true with airline for certain routes. I believe currently, SW doesn't have a contract with the federal government for many routes or any route as far as I know.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:17 am
Company Representative - Radisson Hotels & Club Carlson

Good Day! My apologies for a delay in a reply.

@RDB68 may you please send me a PM about the reservation that you wish to make? I am happy to take a look in our system for you.

On ClubCarlson.com you will be able to search for government rates after May 14th, 2012.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Safe Travels,
Radisson Hotels
Old May 3, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by windcloud5
If there is no government rate, that means the hotel chain does not have an official contract with the government. There are some small hotel chains that will never get to sign the contract with the federal government.

This is also true with airline for certain routes. I believe currently, SW doesn't have a contract with the federal government for many routes or any route as far as I know.
that didn't answer his question. you don't have the option to select govt rate for ANY search right now. a rep answered his question correctly, above
Old May 3, 2012, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Radisson Hotels

@RDB68 may you please send me a PM about the reservation that you wish to make? I am happy to take a look in our system for you.

On ClubCarlson.com you will be able to search for government rates after May 14th, 2012.

Safe Travels,
Radisson Hotels
Thanks for the update. My next travel will be at the end of this month so the government rate option should be back on the web site. Honestly, the last couple of times I've booked at ClubCarlson.com, the double points rates have been below per diem. That was handy! I just wanted to make sure Club Carlson hadn't gotten out of the Government Rate business.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:40 am

To shed further light on the misinformation in this post, NO hotel chains have "official contracts" with the government. Government rates offered by any hotels are purely voluntary on the hotel's part, and they may or may not be the same as the federal government's (or any other governments) lodging per diem rates.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
May 14 seems to be a big date with CC. I'm wondering what else might be rolled out.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Club Carlson

Safe Travels,
Radisson Hotels
I checked today and the Goverment Rate was available at the Club Carlson site. I am planning to make a couple of reservations in the next day or so. Woo hoo!
Old May 14, 2012, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL

This is misinformation.

With the exception of contracts for specific events such as a conference, hotels and hotel chains don't sign contracts with the Federal government. Rather, the standard government rate for a hotel in a given location is a published fact. Hotels choose to offer rooms at that rate to Federal (and in some cases state & local) employees as a means of attracting business.

But, in the end, the govt. employee traveler is reimbursed up to the stated per diem rate for his room.

Where do your facts come from?
Old May 14, 2012, 3:57 pm

Caveat Emptor

Originally Posted by RDB68
I checked today and the Goverment Rate was available at the Club Carlson site. I am planning to make a couple of reservations in the next day or so. Woo hoo!
Ts+Cs for the government rate at the Radisson Blu Sydney include:

Government Rate-Atrium-Free internet
PRICE:
220.00 Australian Dollar (AUD) Per night Tax included For 1 nights per room

FEATURES:
Special rate for Government employees
-Must present government ID at check in
-Full Buffet Breakfast at $30 AUD per person per day

INSTRUCTIONS:
ID/Certificate required at check-in
Limit of 1 room per ID/Certificate
No points/miles awarded

The Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney does not have this little gem in its Ts+Cs.
Read the fine print before signing on the dotted line
Old May 14, 2012, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Ts+Cs for the government rate at the Radisson Blu Sydney include:

Government Rate-Atrium-Free internet
PRICE:
220.00 Australian Dollar (AUD) Per night Tax included For 1 nights per room

FEATURES:
Special rate for Government employees
-Must present government ID at check in
-Full Buffet Breakfast at $30 AUD per person per day

INSTRUCTIONS:
ID/Certificate required at check-in
Limit of 1 room per ID/Certificate
No points/miles awarded

The Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney does not have this little gem in its Ts+Cs.
Read the fine print before signing on the dotted line
Interesting. Every room I've ever booked at the Government Rate has qualified for points/miles. I guess I'll start reading the fine print.
Old May 15, 2012, 12:42 pm

Southwest has the federal contract Nashville to BWI

http://apps.fas.gsa.gov/citypairs/se....x=Search+FY12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.