Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

Old May 1, 2012, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CreditMadeEZ
I'll bite. What is the alignment problem? My girlfriend is an Avis First and is on her last rental for this promo. Since we haven't seen any points post yet, I'm wondering if we need to fix something. Or call someone.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Firewind
IME, if my profile doesn't have the promo's numbers in it, my First/Preferred account will override the promo and populate my reservation with my previous AWD etc. information. So, if I don't confirm what I want in the reservation at pickup, I'll later wonder why my current promo bennies haven't come through. Then I'll look over in another airline or hotel account, and find 50 miles from the more recent rental, for example, because the promo numbers I'd put in before still rule because I'd never changed them after the prior rental, and that promo had ended. I've even had problems when I tried to confirm at return, and the agent said he didn't know how to fix it at that point. It can be a big hit when one has done all the right things, one thought, to get, say, 9,000 hotel points.
Aren't you guys getting receipts (physical and/or e-receipts) for your rentals?

All mine from this promo clearly said: Miles/points earned were either 6000 (2-day) or 9000 (3-day).

Now, getting them to post to the Club Carlson site in a timely manner, that is a separate question (as discussed upthread). But the receipt/e-receipt itself should be enough to verify that it was indeed Club Carlson bonus points you earned (or not, if it shows you earned something else like a dreaded "50" instead).
Old May 1, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I get those for about 2/3 of my rentals, but the other 1/3 of airport locations I use haven't switched over to that system.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

All mine from this promo clearly said: Miles/points earned were either 6000 (2-day) or 9000 (3-day).

Now, getting them to post to the Club Carlson site in a timely manner, that is a separate question (as discussed upthread). But the receipt/e-receipt itself should be enough to verify that it was indeed Club Carlson bonus points you earned (or not, if it shows you earned something else like a dreaded "50" instead).
No, mine do not show that. But they do show most of my Club Carlson number, which I've come to understand is enough to confirm that I'm good (as I was shown by a RA who turned her screen around to show me that, although there aren't enough spaces in the receipt printer's field, there are where it counts). So, why the big complaint, one might ask? This was not so much a complaint as to pass along lore and tips about the broader issue, which has been reported broadly on these boards.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
although there aren't enough spaces in the receipt printer's field
Printer?

What about e-receipts? I get those whether I get a printed receipt or not, and on my last couple rentals where I earned this bonus (at least per the receipt), all I got was the e-receipt because it was at a small airport where the Avis counter wasn't open yet at the time I took an early-morning flight. The e-receopt was sent soon after they opened for the day and processed the stuff in the drop box.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:38 am

Sometimes they tell you that you will get an e-receipt and it never comes. At the Charleston airport, there was an accident outside of the airport causing a huge delay, so I was running late. I didn't have time to wait for a printed receipt, so they said I would get one via email. It never came. Luckily the 9,000 points posted, although it was at least 3 weeks later.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:39 am

And I do regularly check my spam folder, I never just delete the spam without looking to make sure something hasn't wound up in there by mistake.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Good News

Offer has been extended through Sept 30, 2012!!

Same link in OP.

Mods please change title of this thread to reflect the new expiry.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by mile ho

Same link in OP.

Hotdamn! Thank you mile ho ...for all the returns to the airport that this will entail. ("Half humor, whole serious.")
Old May 3, 2012, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
All the details are one the clubcarlson website http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/4033154 - including a 2 day 6000 version.
Originally Posted by mile ho

Same link in OP.

But again, what about the 2 day 6000 version? See the link above; I just clicked on it and it still says April 30 for both!

(The link in post 1, which is specific to only the 3 day 9000 verison, does say it's updated to Sept 30. But the problem is that no one ever found an equivalent link to the 2 day 6000 version, just the link to the CC page showing both versions, and that page has not been updated! )
Old May 4, 2012, 6:08 pm

The 6,000-for-2-day version was still live with a 4/26 posting (with the Groupon S666500 AWD, for which one doesn't need the Groupon). ^
Old May 4, 2012, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Exclamation

thanx mile ho ! great news thats the 9000 points promo is alive until 30/SEP/2012
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:59 pm

Reposting links:

6,000 points for Avis 2+ day rental (good thru 30 Sep 2012): http://www.avis.com/gppelite2011
9.000 points for Avis 3+ day rental (good thru 30 Sep 2012): http://www.avis.com/cc9000
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver

Thank you for the advice of checking e-receipts.

Physical receipts don't show anything. E-receipts do show a Frequent Traveller Number and Promo code. Unfortunately, like Firewind's experience, they aren't always matching. In one case, it must have been a typo as I can't find that promo code now.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've used this promo on several occasions already but now see that it's blacked out in Asia from Jul 1 - Aug 31. Damn.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've used this promo on several occasions already but now see that it's blacked out in Asia from Jul 1 - Aug 31. Damn.
Wondering if the blackout dates only apply to the 25% discount since the discount comes from the individual station. Anyone know if that means that you won't get loyalty points which come from corporate? Experience?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.