Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member room upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pititom
- 15% discount on food was a benefit of GPP which is now discontinued. I am not surprised that staff ignores it in some properties and keep applying it. Many properties in the past also made up their own rules on alcohol (no discount, 5% only, 15% as listed....)
this isn´t true. if you e-mail clubcarlson customer service they will confirm that the 15% discount at all-day dining restaurants is still a benefit for gold-elite and concierge members.
(also there is a current promotion -until 30/NOV/2011 that entitels you to double discount = 30% as gold/concierge)

http://www.restaurantesplanade.lv/en/loyalty-programme you will have more informations
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hard2please
That's strange because I was there in July too! (July2-4) Maybe I paved the way for your upgrade/breakfast?
For sure you did not. The Radisson Blu Warsaw hat always breakfast and minibar included in the business rooms, regardless if upgraded or not!

PS: It is a highly recommended hotel with a nice indoor pool
Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by OliverM
For sure you did not. The Radisson Blu Warsaw hat always breakfast and minibar included in the business rooms, regardless if upgraded or not!

I just recently stayed at the Sobieski Hotel (which just became a Radisson Blu), and they don't do anything for Golds. But I stayed there because it was such a "landmark" hotel in Warsaw and I wanted to try it out. Never again unless it's considerably less than the Radisson Centrum, or I need to matress-run between the two. I'll definitely go for the Centrum property first.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 4:26 pm

award stay using points?

Does free night booked with points come with the same benefit?
I'm not familar with Carlson.
But I know generally for SPG award stay come with benefit, but IHG not. Curious about Carlson
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
I'm just wondering if anyone has got a good room upgrade at Radisson Blu Aqua Chicago as a gold member. What type of room did you get upgraded to (and from what type)?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:51 pm

Booked 3 rooms under the 50% award discount at the park inn sarvar hungary for only 4500 points per room and got upgraded all rooms to a 2 bed junior suite with a big fruit plate a big bottle of red wine and a big bottle of mineral water. Also breakfast buffet and entrance to the thermalwater spa for all of us 9 persons and a baby.the food in restaurant is very cheap 3 course daily lunch for euro 4,80. Got upgraded only once before club carlson but now of my 5 past stays my upgrade success as gold is 100 % excellent new hotel highly recommended
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Stockholm

Booked a half points stay. Upgraded to junior suite incl. breakfast.

Very happy with the stay.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by OliverM

Stayed last month, was upgraded as Gold to Business room - minibar was offered at additional fee. Breakfast was included into original price (btw, booked at 3rd party website) so no idea if it goes with upgrade.

Strongly agree with recommendations.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I must have bad karma with Club Carlson and upgrades. As Concierge I have received consistent upgrades in Scandinavia, but last weekend in Tallinn I got nothing. It was an award stay, I got no upgrade, no gift, and they even tried to charge me for the stay, even if it was an award stay.

Stay out of Radisson Blu Olümpia if you expect to get elite recognition.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: LH Silver, Sixt Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Carlsoon Gold
Originally Posted by niksal
I stay almost weekly at Club Carlson hotels in Europe, mainly in Scandinavia. Not once have I received an upgrade in the past year. I hope I will make Concierge in the autumn, interesting to see if that makes a difference.

The same story with me. Upgrade is only on paper.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Marek_Limanowa
The same story with me. Upgrade is only on paper.
Stayed there this summer, e-mailed them a couple days beforehand asking for upgrades, received this answer
The upgraded room for Gold Elite member include a preferred view, higher floor, newly renovated rooms.
In the room will be complimentary water.
RE'd them and pointed out the rules, and got the a businessroom upon arrival.
Dirt-cheap thou, used the 2 for 1 and paid €67 a/i for 2 people inc breakkie ^
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Are concierge or gold members given upgrades when points are redeemed in US/Caribbean?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:50 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Anyone ever get any upgrades at The May Fair London? I would imagine they're pretty stingy, but am wondering if anyone here has ever experienced any generosity from them.

I'm also a Carlson Gold Member
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Park Inn Stuttgart

from basic room to superior room with balcony on top floor, however without breakfast. Very nice, new hotel... which I really can recommend
Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by niksal
I must have bad karma with Club Carlson and upgrades. As Concierge I have received consistent upgrades in Scandinavia, but last weekend in Tallinn I got nothing. It was an award stay, I got no upgrade, no gift, and they even tried to charge me for the stay, even if it was an award stay.

Stay out of Radisson Blu Olümpia if you expect to get elite recognition.
Stayed at the Radisson Blu Tallinn recently. Had booked a standard room without breakfast , but was upgraded to a business class room including breakfast. A fruitbasket and a welcome note was also provided. Appreciated the Nespresso machine in the room.
This , as a newly minted Gold Elite due to a status match from SAS Gold, so I can´t complain!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.