Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Carlson Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Radisson Blu Split is a great hotel, as is the Radisson Blu Milano, a very nice property, well above the usual standard, only it's location lets it down.
I second Radisson Blu Split after just spending 10 days there. Radisson Blu Nice are also nice. Problem with both of these are the location just outside the City center.

Regent in Beijing are really nice and the redemption for a executive suit with lounge access is a real steal.

Regent Singapore is good, but not a real Club Carlson property.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I didn't think Regent was part of the program anymore? I've stayed at the Regent Zagred, this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in, the bath guy runs the best bath I've ever had too. Breakfast is simply sensational, service excellent, super impressed.
Old May 17, 2011, 3:24 am

Moscow's legendary hotel Ukraina has reopened as the brand new Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow after a three-year renovation period, and is set to operate in a market segment that has not yet been saturated.
$300 million was spent on the renovation of the building
The construction of the 34-storey, 206-metre tall "Soviet classicism"-style hotel, which is one of the city's Stalin-era "Seven Sisters" buildings, was completed in 1957. At that time, it was the tallest hotel in Europe.

http://www.ukraina-hotel.ru/en/
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by meFIRST
The Royal, former Hotel Ukrania.

I don't know if I would call it the best hotel in Moscow. I think the National is (SPG property).
Neither are that great. I stay at National often and have been to the Royal, while both nice hotels, there are Ritz-Carlton and Hyatt Park Grand that are nicer. Also, Lotte Plaza Hotel and Swissotel are probably at least as nice as the Royal
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Gold, Le Club des Actionnaires
Originally Posted by asnovici
Neither are that great. I stay at National often and have been to the Royal, while both nice hotels, there are Ritz-Carlton and Hyatt Park Grand that are nicer. Also, Lotte Plaza Hotel and Swissotel are probably at least as nice as the Royal
Ritz-carlton and Hyatt are rather more upscale brands in general than Radisson. I'd still place the royal on the spot for best Carlson property in the world. Location is so-so unless you have business at the white house, but I really enjoy the historical feeling of that building, and quality overall is very high. I will be visiting Split in september and certainly hope that my opinion will change while there!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:04 am

Looking for places to use my free nights at, apart from Chicago and Moscow most of the properties mentioned in this thread are history now, any other suggestions ?

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Sep 16, 2017 at 6:29 am
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Looking for places to use my free nights at, apart from Chicago and Moscow most of the properties mentioned in this thread are history now, any other suggestions ?
The Mayfair in London?
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Stayed at the Mayfair a few weeks ago, it's a lovely hotel with excellent staff and a primo location. I really enjoyed it.
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by Chriscross

Regent Singapore is good, but not a real Club Carlson property.
The Regent Singapore is managed by Four Seasons.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Radisson Grand Canaria was spectacular.

Radisson Blu Madrid was very good--nice location and quality accommodation.

The brevity and lack of interest in this post is why I hardly put effort into Club Carlson.

I take the 40K points accumulated each year from three of our household Club Carlson credit cards, and wait for something such as Grand Canaria to fit into our aspirational travel goals.

Last edited by travelexpert; Oct 22, 2017 at 1:55 am
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:24 am

May Fair is not available when I need it?
Other suggestions for London?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
May Fair is not available when I need it?
Other suggestions for London?
Check this thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carl...es-europe.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.