Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crime in Negril, Jamaica

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Crime in Negril, Jamaica

What kind of problems (if any) can I expect in Negril?
I've heard good and bad. Going in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat
Best advice is just being vigilant. Be smart.

Do not wear flashy jewelry or carry large amounts of cash. Same advise as if you were going to Miami Beach, Malibu or Waikiki. Just be smart.

Take only licensed cabs, stay away from the time share folks and don't go into unknown parts of the town after dark.

Keep your passport, any unneeded cash, extra credit cards, etc in the hotel safe. Make sure the safe locks properly.

DO NOT fall asleep on the beach with anything you own. This is the only sticky point. There is some petty crime, mostly in the beach areas. The criminals will seek out tourists who are asleep, appear to be asleep or who are enjoying the water and take their stuff. Just be careful of this.

Enjoy Negril. Great place!
Old Nov 20, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Negril is a pleasant place that you will enjoy. Watch out for sea anemones. Also, Miami, Malibu or Waikiki -- all U.S. cities -- differ markedly from Negril, a small town in Jamaica. Most of the natives are very poor and you are a rich American tourist. Turn your level of awareness up a notch, and have fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.