Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Juan airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:02 am
Original Poster

San Juan airport

We are flying into San Juan (SJU) on AA in October . Is the airport easy to navigate and does it have a Taxi stand directly outside the terminal doors . We are travelling down to the Cruise ship Pier . Thanks for any info ..............
Old Feb 15, 2009, 12:43 pm

Yes it is easy to navigate, there is a taxi stand my baggage. There is a guy who will will out a form for you with your destination and quote a price. You'll hand this to the taxi driver.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
It couldn't be easier to find a taxi than at SJU. In fact, you will have a hard time getting out of the airport without being approached by a taxi dispatcher.
--
13F
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:16 am

Few airports are easier to navigate than SJU. Always a pleasure. Not the most amenity filled airport, but really easy to use and navigate to and from. Plus they make extra great Subway sandwiches.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Are you taking a cruise?

If so, most crusie ship companies already provide transporation from the airport. You might check into that.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 2:57 pm
Suspended

the taxi's are easy to get and cheaper than taking the organized cruise buses.
it's easier and more pleasant. you can also have the driver stop for a few extra bucks and you can pick up any liquids you might need for the cruise :-)
Old Sep 12, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Frontier
Flying into San Juan for cruise

As others have said, yes it is easy to navigate inside airport, but once you go out the exit door at baggage claim, you can't get back in easily. Literally have to go back thru security (with a ticket stub or "pass" from your airline desk) to get back to baggage claim. So get all your bags before you look for a taxi. Also, there is a good hotel (Hilton?) right across the street from the cruise line piers --very convenient to fly in the day before your cruise -- get the flight delay risks out of the way, then relax for the nite, and walk across to your ship. Taxis are cheap and more convenient than cruise transfers. Also, takes a little while for your cell phone to resync to where you are --San juan instead of Des Moines --then all is good. With ATT, PR is part of US plan, so no additional "foreign" per minute roaming charge like non-US locations & islands in Caribbean. But check your plan before you go.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Cliff968
...Also, there is a good hotel (Hilton?) right across the street from the cruise line piers --very convenient to fly in the day before your cruise -- get the flight delay risks out of the way, then relax for the nite, and walk across to your ship...
The hotel you are thinking about is not a Hilton, which is in Condado about 10 mins away by taxi. The closest hotel to the cruise line pier is the Sheraton Old San Juan.
--
13F
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
For a quick grab at SJU: most distinctive would be the Martin's BBQ (seasoned Rotisserie Chicken sold by the halves and wholes w/local sides) in front of the afformentioned Subway (outside security); cheapest one would be Wendy's in the street level of the parking lot, just across the street from the taxi stand (only fast food to charge street prices inside SJU, you'll see lots of SJU employees eating there...)
Old Mar 7, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Hoping to revive this thread as my family and I will be passing through SJU in a few weeks during lunchtime. To top it off, my wife and daughter are gluten free so they can't have bread (ie no sandwiches or burgers with buns) or pizza.

Was hoping someone could give me a review of available options (inside security). Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:39 pm

SJU was always one of the worst places I travel to regularly for airside dining and snacking. An exception was the north side concourse (AA gates) where there is a bar/cafe with table service.

But on my last visit, there was a new place, I think it's where the US lounge was previously located on the S concourse (gates for UA, US, etc.). Freshly made salads, sandwiches, etc. The sandwiches won't be useful, but I recall there was a wide range of differnt salads, soups, etc.
--
13F
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Thanks. Appreciate the insight.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
The SJU airport (especially the arrivals area, departures is a bit better) is not as up to standards as you would find in (most) Canadian/US airports. Easy to navigate? Yes. Dirty? Very much so.
Old May 23, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA P, Kimpton In-Touch Elite
Is Terminal/Concourse B Construction Complete?

I know it was under renovation with an expected completion of May 2011- but haven't seen/heard anything about the construction. I know that the new Terminal/Concourse A was finished last year.

Also, do UA and CO fly into the same Terminal?
Old May 25, 2011, 11:06 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingV
I know it was under renovation with an expected completion of May 2011- but haven't seen/heard anything about the construction. I know that the new Terminal/Concourse A was finished last year.

Also, do UA and CO fly into the same Terminal?
UA and CO fly into the same terminal... in fact, every carrier other than AA flies into the same terminal.

And no, the new terminal is not done... or open. It might be done (it looks it), but it's not open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.