Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aruba car rental - Occidental Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Aruba car rental - Occidental Hotel

I'm looking to rent a 7 passenger van near the occidental hotel. The hotel web site says they have an onsite car rental agency but I can not figure out which one.

Does anyone know which one this is? I fugure it is a lot easier then going to the airport to get one. However, if there is a large price difference, then off to the airport I go.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:49 am

You can definitely rent a car fairly easily from one of the hotels on that beach if not from the Occidental. I'm not sure what company is in that hotel. Each one seems to have one. I'm not sure about prices vs the price at the airport.

How long are you going to rent for? If it's for the duration of your stay, you're probably better off just renting at the airport. When you exit the airport, there are several rental places right across the street. If you reserve ahead of time, it's about a 15 minute process.

Btw, if you're planning on driving off-road, most of the rental car companies don't allow it, and cars do break down/get flat tires out there. If you're just going to restaurants or into Oranjestad, taxis are very easy to get from the hotel. The main reason to get a one day rental would be to go to the light house or to Baby beach.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: continental united starwood hilton marriott
dont rent at airport

govt recently passed tax for rental at airport, all rental companies that are not at airport will arrange to pick you uo at airport and drive you to their office about 5 minutes away
Old Mar 25, 2008, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

We were only going to rent for 1 day to get out of the resort (all inclusive)and drive around the island.

With 7 of us, I would guess it is much cheaper then hiring someone. Any tour at $50/person would be $350.

I wanted to do it ahead of time to try to lower the cost and reduce the hassle.

Please let me know if it is not worth it or if there are better options.

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
There is a Budget office across the street from the Occidental. If you book in advance they will bring what you request there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.