Wiki Posts
Search

Driver in Dominican Republic

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat
Driver in Dominican Republic

We are going to DR for a long weekend in February 2008. We will be staying in Puerto Plata and also will need to get to Santiago a couple of times.

We would like to hire a driver for the entire stay. If anyone has any recommendations I would be grateful. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
This will be more like a gamble, since you'll have to wait to get there to see if it will work:
You can ask any of the taxi drivers outside the airport if he would be able to do it, and make yourself an offer. This will work, of course, if you speak spanish, or you are lucky and the driver speaks a little bit of english. I'm from the Dominican Republic, and I don't think I have any other suggestions since it's hard to find pre-hired drivers in the tourism areas.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

I think my spanish is good enough to negotiate this. What kind of price range would be reasonable here? Four days, probably back and forth three times. Some waiting involved, although we will probably be able to give times to be picked up, etc.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:10 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I read in a local forum that there is a website where you can find information about transportation,
http://www.paradisetrans.com/
Good Luck
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

That looks really good. I have emailed them.Thank you very much!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Driver feedback

We just returned from a very pleasurable long weekend in the DR, and I have to thank you again for your suggestion of Paradise Transportation. That worked great, the driver was fabulous, very helpful with many extras including getting us tickets for the Caribbean World Series.

We would recommend Paradise to others. I think if we had rented a car and driven ourselves we would either be 1) dead or 2) processing a very large claim with an insurance company.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:36 pm

I'm glad it helped you a lot. I heard about that company in a forum but didn't know if it would fit that kind of needs. Oh and you are lucky if you got to go to the Caribbean series!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

It was really fun! The opening ceremony alone was well worth the cost of admission.

Licey v Aguilas-what a great rivalry!
Old May 8, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I read in a local forum that there is a website where you can find information about transportation,
http://www.paradisetrans.com/
Good Luck
Brining this from the grave. Above link doesn't seems to be working anymore. Is there any other suggestion for hiring a driver in Santo Domingo?
Old May 9, 2016, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Here is the email address I used for that driver:

[email protected]

My contact was Rocio.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.