Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lodging in Trinidad?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

lodging in Trinidad?

Going to Trinidad for Presidents day weekend and haven't a clue where to stay? Held a room in Port of Spain at Marriot but would like something high end. IN the mode of Oriental/Peninsula/4 seasons type of property. Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks, Ramondo
Old Feb 8, 2006, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA member since 1990 (lifetime PLT/OWS)
I have been to POS many times but have yet to find a hotel of the calibre you mention. I have not been to Tobago but you are probably more likely to find something much better over there.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:57 pm

Hello Ramondo, short answer is there isn't anywhere that will meet your standards request.

The Marriott is new, but sited on a highway, across from a soccer stadium, next to a shopping mall, and behind an office building.

The three major hotel chocies are:

1. Trinidad Hilton, which has the best physical site, but is a little dated in design and amenties - it is now starting a major renovation phase now.

2. CrownePlaza - downtown and not anywhere you would want to walk at night.

3. Kapok Hotel, smaller family run hotel. Popular with business travellers.

4. Normandie Hotel, similar to Kapok, a little out of the way.

You said Trinidad, but of course you know that the country is Trinidad & Tobago. if you plan to stay in Tobago you can choose from

1. Tobago Hilton - a few years old - the new showpiece on the island. Useless beach but pleasant poolside

2. CocoReef - quiet, private beach.

of course the 20th is the week before Carnival, so expect few rooms or rental cars to be available.

Originally Posted by ramondo
Going to Trinidad for Presidents day weekend and haven't a clue where to stay? Held a room in Port of Spain at Marriot but would like something high end. IN the mode of Oriental/Peninsula/4 seasons type of property. Any advice would be appreciated.
thanks, Ramondo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.