Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Snorkeling destinations using hotel rewards

Snorkeling destinations using hotel rewards

Old Dec 13, 22, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Question Snorkeling destinations using hotel rewards

I don't even know how to ask this question but I'll give it a shot...

In the past when I had snorkeling vacations I stayed at local lodging. For example, on a trip to Roatan I rented a VRBO.

For my next snorkeling trip, I'd like to be able to use my points (at Marriott, IHG, and/or Hilton) to base an awesome snorkeling trip.

Does anyone know of snorkeling spots in the Caribbean or Central America where I could use hotel rewards but have access to great snorkeling within walking distance form the hotel (preference 1) or at least be near enough to great snorkeling that it wouldn't need to take more than one or two modes of transportation and about a half-hour of transportation to get to the snorkeling?

I have the feeling that Marriotts, IHGs, and Hiltons are not built at locations in the Carribean / Central America that I am looking for.

Thanks,
Old Dec 13, 22, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Aruba.

There is a Marriott Courtyard on Bonaire. The diving and snorkeling on Bonaire is fantastic, but not walking distance from the hotel.
nk15 likes this.

Last edited by LAX2Anywhere; Dec 13, 22 at 7:19 pm Reason: More info.
Old Jan 12, 23, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Mahogany Bay Resort in Belize

I liked the Mahogany Bay Resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize. You can't snorkel from shore, but the entire island is a nice launch point to get out onto the outstanding Meso-American reef.
Old Jan 12, 23, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by loomis View Post
I liked the Mahogany Bay Resort on Ambergris Caye, Belize. You can't snorkel from shore, but the entire island is a nice launch point to get out onto the outstanding Meso-American reef.

I've enjoyed Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker but would have preferred that I didn't have to take a tour boat to get out to the reef.
Old Jan 14, 23, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.6MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
What about the Westin in Grand Cayman? I can't remember if there's reef directly in front but you should be able to find some not too far away
Old Jan 24, 23, 9:42 pm
Original Member

Cayman

Definitely the Westin in Grand Cayman. It has the best beach. Small reef offshore. Better reef about a mile+ down the beach slightly past the Marriott. (It's off of the Sunset Cove resort, but you have to go in near the Marriott and swim a couple hundred yards to get there). You can also take a jitney down to Cemetery Beach, and snorkel Cemetery Reef (a couple hundred yards offshore). There are other locations as well, but those are the main ones if you are staying at the Westin (or the Marriott or the Ritz).
Old Jan 24, 23, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

That's definitely worth some research on my part.
thanks
Old Today, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Subscribing to this for sure.

Search this Thread