Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

St. Lucia vs Virgin Islands (British or US?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

How would you compare the St. Lucia vs Virgin Islands? Which would you prefer? Also, if anyone has been to Belize would you pick Belize over these two places? Thanks for any thoughts, insight, and recommendations.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
These are such apples-to-oranges comparisons, especially when you toss Belize in there. (I'd take Belize over the others, but that's me.) Tell us what you are looking for in a vacation destination.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:31 am

Comparing St. Lucia to the Virgin Islands is like comparing two beautiful gems with their unique charm and appeal. St. Lucia is renowned for its lush rainforests, iconic Pitons, and stunning beaches, offering a mix of adventure and relaxation. On the other hand, the Virgin Islands, including St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Croix, boast crystal-clear waters, pristine beaches, and vibrant marine life, making them a haven for snorkeling, diving, and sailing enthusiasts.

As for preferences, it ultimately depends on what you're looking for in a vacation. If you seek lush landscapes, hiking trails, and a laid-back vibe, St. Lucia might be your ideal choice. However, if you're drawn to picture-perfect beaches, water activities, and island hopping, the Virgin Islands could be more to your liking.

Regarding Belize, it offers its own allure with its rich biodiversity, ancient Mayan ruins, and vibrant culture. Belize is particularly renowned for its world-class diving spots like the Great Blue Hole and its stunning barrier reef.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:42 am

I am a 30+ year visitor to the US and BVI islands. All are islands that have a do it yourself vibe. There are a few resorts but most visitors rent homes. There are no all inclusives in the VIs if that is an interest for you.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: Travel Agent for Four Seasons Preferred program, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, Rosewood Elite
The choice between St. Lucia and the Virgin Islands often comes down to what type of vacation you prefer: a more secluded, nature-centric retreat in St. Lucia or a more diverse, potentially bustling experience with options to island-hop in the Virgin Islands.

If you are a diving enthusiast or a history buff, Belize might be the better choice over St. Lucia and the Virgin Islands due to its barrier reef and Mayan ruins. However, if you're looking for stunning beaches with options for luxury stays and island-hopping, the Virgin Islands might be preferable. For a more secluded and natural landscape with dramatic scenery, St. Lucia is a fantastic destination.
SJOGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.