Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

PUJ to Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana transfer options?

Old Jul 2, 22, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, etc.

The Hyatt resort's site lists transfers starting at $50, while the taxi-rate chart at PUJ's site doesn't list the Hyatt but does have a $30 fare for another Cap Cana property--if those rates are accurate and not subject to escalation once the taxi's rolling. Are there other transfer options we should consider for a mid-day Friday arrival and late-morning Monday departure?
Old Jul 2, 22, 4:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DCA writer View Post
The Hyatt resort's site lists transfers starting at $50, while the taxi-rate chart at PUJ's site doesn't list the Hyatt but does have a $30 fare for another Cap Cana property--if those rates are accurate and not subject to escalation once the taxi's rolling. Are there other transfer options we should consider for a mid-day Friday arrival and late-morning Monday departure?
I've been using Mike Fisher's transfer services for the past few years now when I stay in Punta Cana. Drivers are very efficient, friendly and professional. Vehicles are reliable and new. Drivers are early, not on time.

Ride is $30 to/from Cap Cana for up to 4 people. I used his services when I stayed at the Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana last year.

Airport Transportation, Airport Taxi Service, Luxury Cab Service Higuey, La Altagracia
DCA writer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 22, 6:49 pm

I always use Dominican Airport Transfers. Never let me down
Old Jul 19, 22, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, etc.
Update: My friend and I wound up using a plain old Uber to get to the resort (FYI, pickup is all the way past the line for taxis, allowing plenty of chances for other people to solicit our business), which cost all of $8 plus a generous tip. On the way back, the other friend who had booked this set of rooms on Hyatt points insisted on booking the hotel's own $50 shuttle service for us, presumably so he'd have that put on his bill to generate more Hyatt points towards the next such boondoggle. Considering all the gates between this resort and the nearest public road, it didn't look like summoning an empty Uber would have worked anyway.
T8191 likes this.

Search this Thread