Search

Getting Dominican Pesos in PUJ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / SkyTeam Elite Plus
Getting Dominican Pesos in PUJ

Hi everyone,

I'll be traveling to Punta Cana next month and am scratching my head trying to figure out the best way to get Dominican Pesos. I have the option of ordering some before leaving Paris but the rate is not ideal.

I can't for the life of me find a website which indicates the current EUR/DOP rate at the PUJ airport. So if anyone has recently been there or knows of a way to check, that would be extremely helpful!

I have also found a small place in Punta Cana proper--called Quezada. Does anyone have experience with that? Or can I just walk into any bank with my euros and get pesos?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I can't answer that directly, but USD seemed to be widely accepted for tips. And of course "plastic of choice" for major expenditure.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I know it is a bit late, but you can pay with USD everywhere (bad exchange rate though; you will get 1 USD = 50 pesos whereas the official exchange rate is currently 1 USD = 55 pesos).

Try to avoid changing at the airport because of poor rates. If any, only a small amount. Better to change when you get to Bavaro etc.

Why not use ATM? I know the ATM fees in Dominican Republic are high (150-300 pesos) but at least you can get pesos easily. It has been reported in other forums that you can only withdraw 10,000 pesos, but that it not my experience. I withdrew 15,000 pesos at La Nacional (the bank with the yellow sign/logo on yellow background) last month; ATM fee was 150 pesos so quite reasonable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.