Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Anguilla Covid Entry Test Requirement of Nasopharyngeal Swab

Old Jun 5, 22, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US

We are planning on going to Anguilla in July. One of the requirements is a negative Covid-19 taken via "nasopharyngeal swab", whether RT PCR, NAA or Antigen. Around where I live in NJ near Philly, none of the testing sites (Walgreens, CVS, Cooper Hospital) I know of specify how the sample was taken. I was researching on the different swabbing of covid-19 test. They used to do "nasopharyngeal swab", but not anymore. Nasopharygneal is they insert it really deep. This is how they did it at the start of covid. These days, all the services here do only a very short swab (anterior nares swab). Has anyone has any experience going into Anguilla lately? Did you have to have a negative test taken via "nasopharyngeal swab"?

All tests MUST be taken via a nasopharyngeal (nasal) swab, which must be stated on the test results.
https://escape.ivisitanguilla.com/

A health care professional collects a fluid sample by inserting a long nasal swab (nasopharyngeal swab) into your nostril and taking fluid from the back of your nose. A sample may be collected by using a shorter nasal swab (mid-turbinate swab) or a very short swab (anterior nares swab).
https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/pac-20488900
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:42 pm
soy

Programs: various
Over on Tripadvisor Anguilla forum, lots of DP that all tests from Walgreens or CVS are being accepted
Old Jun 21, 22, 9:16 am

Programs: AA; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-P
I've looked on-line and it's not quite clear. Anyone know, or have any experience with, how Anguilla defines "fully" vaxed? Meaning, if someone received their last jab in the two-series last year, with no booster, is that considered fully vaccinated?
Old Jun 21, 22, 6:51 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by notmypetunia View Post
I've looked on-line and it's not quite clear. Anyone know, or have any experience with, how Anguilla defines "fully" vaxed? Meaning, if someone received their last jab in the two-series last year, with no booster, is that considered fully vaccinated?

2 vax + booster
2 vax, with second dose within the past 6 months

Search this Thread