St. Lucia

Old May 29, 22, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
St. Lucia

What is the most economic (cheapest) was to get from UVF airport and SLU airport to your hotel? Are there any shared shuttles on St. Lucia to help with the cost?
Old May 29, 22, 10:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Do you know which hotel?

UVF airport is at the southern end of the island. It's the larger of the two airports, so if you're flying from USA, Canada, or Europe, that's where you'll land. It's not close to most hotels, though. It's about 45-60 minutes away from most of the hotels.

SLU airport is in the north, near the capital of Castries and near most of the hotels. It's a tiny airport that receives flights only from other Caribbean islands.
T8191 likes this.
Old May 30, 22, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Testing
Old May 30, 22, 5:43 am
Original Poster

My hotel is in the northwest part of the island, 15 minutes to/from SLU, 60 minutes to/from UVF.

Originally Posted by SJOGuy View Post
Do you know which hotel?

UVF airport is at the southern end of the island. It's the larger of the two airports, so if you're flying from USA, Canada, or Europe, that's where you'll land. It's not close to most hotels, though. It's about 45-60 minutes away from most of the hotels.

SLU airport is in the north, near the capital of Castries and near most of the hotels. It's a tiny airport that receives flights only from other Caribbean islands.
Old May 31, 22, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
From the USA you will arrive at UVF, so you will inevitably have the long drive to your destination. On the positive side, the roads are remarkably well maintained (if winding!).

As I assume you are an independent traveller (i.e. not on a package trip) your ground transfer solution lies in exploring the Internet. All our trips (ex UK) were through British Airways Holidays, with the ground transfers included, sonI can offer no personal guidance.

PS. My 2019 Trip Report is here >>> The Caribbean [again] with BA in Club World.

Last edited by T8191; May 31, 22 at 6:38 am
Old May 31, 22, 10:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
I see a company that provides transfers from UVF. I can't vouch for it.

St. Lucia Shuttle

T8191 is correct. Coming from US, you'll arrive at UVF. SLU is served only by small airlines from neighboring islands.

Search this Thread