Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

SXM to Anguilla - Public Ferry or semi-private ferry

Old Mar 4, 22, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US

We'll be going to Anguilla this coming summer. My flight arrives at 3pm. Based on the current schedule, the last public ferry depart Marigot at 4:30pm to Anguilla. How long does it take to clear immigration, get baggage, take taxi to Marigot Bay port terminal, buy ferry tickets? Will it be too close for comfort that I should just catch a semi-private ferry (from SXM airport)?
Old Mar 4, 22, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I take it that you don't want to fly into AXA -- either from SXM or someplace else, correct?
Old Mar 4, 22, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It really depends when you arrive into SXM. I've flown in six times last year, twice on the AF flight from CDG, twice behind either the KL or AF flight, and twice in the morning before European arrivals. It has taken me anywhere from 15/20 minutes to well over an hour if you're behind the big birds. If you arrive in the mid-afternoon (which you are) you are probably going to be sandwiched in between the AF (arrives just before 3pm) and KL (arrive about half an hour later) flights. These are both A330s discharging a few hundred people. It is the busiest time of day for SXM. Unless you manage to get in before those, I suspect there is no way you'll make it to Marigot in time for the 430pm ferry.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 22, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
I take it that you don't want to fly into AXA -- either from SXM or someplace else, correct?
I have a direct cheap flight into SXM. AXA is quite expensive from where I am flying from (EWR/PHL). From SXM to AXA, I have read some not too good reports on tripadvisor/
Old May 16, 22, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by opus2002 View Post
I have a direct cheap flight into SXM. AXA is quite expensive from where I am flying from (EWR/PHL). From SXM to AXA, I have read some not too good reports on tripadvisor/
Just to clarify, this is about Anguilla Air Services that you've read bad things about? Or another operator?

Search this Thread