private driver in punta cana

Old Nov 4, 2020, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
private driver in punta cana

Hello,

We are going to Punta Cana this weekend and are wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a private driver? Someone reliable to transfer us to and from the airport / hotel and probably a few different sister resorts in the area.

I searched, but lasts posts for Punta Cana were from 2017.

Thank you for any insight.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have microscopic experience of the DR, but our trip earlier this year (with BA Holidays) had our airport transfer booked with Amstar ... who are clearly a major player in this field. https://www.amstardmc.com/airport-transfers/punta-cana/

Trip report extract ...
And so to Ground Transfers. Never seen anything like it …. a long row of desks, like an airport check-in zone, for the various companies. How many desks? Must have been 20 at least, all with overhead LED displays like you see in Departures. Anyway, we’re with Amstar, all staff in their distinctive blue flowered shirts [as per the BA Holidays voucher!]. I wave the voucher at a Seor, he checks computer, he says go see him … Seor 2 takes us across the Arrivals area and gives us to Seor 3. At this point we beg for a moment in a clearly evident smoking zone for some stress relief (and a quick trip to the Gents, as there’s a 1 hour bus ride to come!)! And then Seor 3 hands us and case to Seor 4, and we get on the Coach. (There may be an extra Seor in that process … after the passport debacle i was a bit stressed).

We’re on the road! Smart Coach. Nice safe driver. Good roads. Just 3 hotels to drop the others off [sorry to have kept you all waiting!] at three resorts along the way … the ones on the Strip that is Punta Cana/Bavaro and look as though they hired a WW2 German architect. And they’re horribly HUGE!
No idea about “local running” as we stayed in our resort the whole time. I could guess your Concierge/Front Desk will have a local and reliable contact for that. I’m guessing you may be with AM Resorts and their ‘Endless Privileges’?

My full TR (as a first time visitor) is here ... Wheres the Dominican Republic? Oh, there it is!
We’ve re-booked for next February, provided various Covid-19 factors actually let us get there from UK!!
Old Nov 4, 2020, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Thankyou for the report, we're trying to avoid the multiple stop trip transfer, and have someone we can use repeatedly during our stay.

We can book a private service through the resort, so we may just do that if nothing else comes up.

Thanks again
T8191 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.