Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BVI Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:37 am
Original Poster

BVI Question

Can anyone please provide an objective (unbiased) opinion on the recovery of the bvi's post Irma? I am in the process of researching a trip to the BVI's. Our plan is for two families to charter a catamaran for a week. We want to make sure that all/most of the bars, restaurants and Islands that make the bvi's so appealing are open for business. Also, has the landscape improved at all? Is it still brown or lush and green? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:35 pm

the TTOL BVI forum is a great resource for sailing input.

I just booked a villa stay on VG for winter 2019.

Again, check in on the above referenced forum but all reports are the bars and restaurants of the BVI bounced back very quickly and better than ever. The exception is the Bitter End (no reopening date) and Saba Rock (possibly during the 2019 season)

We were on STJ in February (within site of the BVIs) and it was lush and green.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The owners of Guavaberry Spring Bay on Virgin Gorda have been publishing a blog of their rebuild. It also contains some comments about the rebuild of Virgin Gorda.
https://guavabelieveit.wordpress.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.