Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dom Rep- AI for family- mid to high end

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Dom Rep- AI for family- mid to high end

Hello- wondering if the kind folks on this forum can recommend a few all inclusive resorts for an upcoming family trip December 2018. First time there. I have researched some AI resorts but I am confused by all the choices. We will have several family members coming together for a 75th bday, some have young kids, some teens. Ideally we would like a resort with following characteristics:

- Not too gigantic a resort with 1000 rooms , but not too small either
- mid level to high end resort (think something between Westin and Four Seasons level) - ideally with room "levels" as some in the group will want to pay more and some less
- Beautiful large beach, not too crowded. Hopefully with plenty of motorized and non motorized water-sports easily available
- Great service and dining options
- not TOO far from airport.

Any ideas will be really appreciated!
Old May 3, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Anyone have any ideas?
Old May 11, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by off2rome
Hello- wondering if the kind folks on this forum can recommend a few all inclusive resorts for an upcoming family trip December 2018. First time there. I have researched some AI resorts but I am confused by all the choices. We will have several family members coming together for a 75th bday, some have young kids, some teens. Ideally we would like a resort with following characteristics:

- mid level to high end resort (think something between Westin and Four Seasons level) - ideally with room "levels" as some in the group will want to pay more and some less
- Beautiful large beach, not too crowded. Hopefully with plenty of motorized and non motorized water-sports easily available

I would recommend The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. It's a very nice all-inclusive resort that's great for families and about 25 minutes from the airport.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:09 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by off2rome

You can go to Grand Palladium near Bávaro Beach, it's an amazing resort and you have all you want in there, and it's not too expensive
Old May 21, 2018, 7:43 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KristenNix
I would recommend The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. It's a very nice all-inclusive resort that's great for families and about 25 minutes from the airport.
I second this recommendation. You can also look at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana (Same concept as Palma Real but a bit more secluded and buildings a bit older but better maintained) and another one not so luxury but still very good is The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical.

Originally Posted by tdave19
You can go to Grand Palladium near Bávaro Beach, it's an amazing resort and you have all you want in there, and it's not too expensive
I would go against this one. I can mention at least 15 resorts that offer better food & service than the Palladium complex. The only exception would be the Suites area (Turquesa) which is actually good. In my experience, the rest of the resort is subpar compared to others in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.