Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Martinique in late May - is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Martinique in late May - is it worth it?

Afternoon all

It's been 11 years since I've been to Martinique which was during the month of March back in 2007.

And so now an opportunity has arisen where I could go to Martinique from around the 20th May or so. But before I start on the road to booking things etc I was wondering if it is a bad period in regards to rainy season etc.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:49 pm

Hello !

The weather will be very fine. The storm season will not start before late August. There will be some cultural events for end of slavery celebration on the 22th May, and the Tombolo of Sainte-Marie will be still open. It's definitively the thing not to miss.

Feel free to ask me for some other advices on Martinique ;-)

Satyam -- From Martinique with love
TographerE likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Satyam Dorville
Hello !

The weather will be very fine. The storm season will not start before late August. There will be some cultural events for end of slavery celebration on the 22th May, and the Tombolo of Sainte-Marie will be still open. It's definitively the thing not to miss.

Feel free to ask me for some other advices on Martinique ;-)

Satyam -- From Martinique with love
Thanks for that! Too the plunge and headed over

Will make a note of the festival and the Tombolo.

Any opinions on good beaches that offer the chance to see fish at less than 5m depth of water? I remember being Guadeloupe or Martinique and seeing fish swimming right near the shoreline.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:39 am

Where to see turtles and fishes near the shoreline :
- Anse Dufour : A charming beach surrounded by a fishermen village.
- Grande Anse d'Arlet : Large beach with good beach bars and restaurants.
- Anses d'arlet downton beach : There is also there a great view with a pooton and a church which is one of most famoust view of Martinique.

Hope that helps
;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.