Caribbean with a baby, recomendations

Old Feb 25, 18, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Caribbean with a baby, recomendations

Hey all,

We are planning our first trip with our 7month old (will be 9-10months) during the trip. Was thinking of Caribbean, since the time change isn't as dramatic as Europe and will be easier for the baby. I've been to DR 5 times, both times spent at All-Inclusives and spent lots of time exploring the country. Also been to Puerto Rico. Any recommendations on where to go, especially with a baby <1 y/o in Caribbean? Somewhere to be relaxing and beach, but also a lot of culture. We love all-inclusive, but would like a place where its safe and fun to leave the resort/hotel and explore the city/island.

Would love recommendations and advice!
Old Apr 15, 18, 5:08 pm

I could recommend you to go to Mexico, to visit the beaches, pyramids and cenotes .
Old Apr 20, 18, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA
For an extra degree of safety and comfort considering you're towing the little one, I'd recommend the Cayman Islands. I don't know how much "exploring" there is to do, but then again, I wouldn't want to trot off into the jungle with an infant.
Old Oct 14, 18, 8:21 am

I would recommend going to Costa Rica, as there are many activities and excursions you can do with babies. Also I recommend the page of Yoplan.com to see activities that may interest you.
Old Dec 15, 18, 5:49 pm

We are facing the same decision and down to Aruba and Grand Cayman - both Ritz properties. Anyone have any thoughts/guidance?

thanks!
Old Dec 16, 18, 4:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Be sure to check with the health authorities about any risks to infants and small children from Zika virus, and ditto if in a position where conception might occur after a visit to a location where Zika is at all widespread.

According to the CDC, Zika transmission seems to have been interrupted and currently absent in the Caribbean in

The Bahamas 2/2/2018
Cayman Islands 7/20/2017
Guadeloupe 6/29/2017
Martinique 6/29/2017
Saint Barthélemy 5/24/2017

See the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention web pages on Zika virus here.
Old Dec 23, 18, 7:27 am

Thanks for the reply - we decided on GCM. Will report back!

Search this Thread