FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/caribbean-nearby-atlantic-including-puerto-rico-474/)
-   -   Opinion on Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/caribbean-nearby-atlantic-including-puerto-rico/1881567-opinion-kimpton-seafire-grand-cayman.html)

GetSetJetSet Dec 7, 2017 10:23 am

Opinion on Kimpton Seafire Grand Cayman?

Trying to put something together last minute and the Ritz-Carlton is beyond sold out. Any opinions on this property? True 5-star?

NOTE: If any FTalk travel agents have an in with the RC GC, please PM me and let's see if we can work something out. Thanks!

Anlun Dec 7, 2017 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 29145964)
Trying to put something together last minute and the Ritz-Carlton is beyond sold out. Any opinions on this property? True 5-star?

NOTE: If any FTalk travel agents have an in with the RC GC, please PM me and let's see if we can work something out. Thanks!

I usually just stay at the Westin when I'm down there for work, never cared much for the RC down there. It always seems very crowded with families each time (especially in winter). Since the Westin shares the same beach, I find, costwise, I got a better value by staying there as well. The new renovations have also helped. With respect to your question, I haven't stayed at the Kimpton, but I went diving with a group that stayed there, and they were really talking it up. The facilities looked impressive and much more modern (makes sense since it was recently built).

RichardInSF Dec 7, 2017 12:26 pm

I don't know this property but I seriously doubt that any Kimpton property would be luxury level. Can others with more knowledge comment so the mods can decide where this thread properly belongs?

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

jasondetar Dec 7, 2017 1:00 pm

Kimpton Seafire is luxury. While true many of their properties are not up to par when it comes to Cayman Islands, unless you're staying at Luxury condos such as the Caribbean Club on seven mile (boutiques) this is VERY good. If you're at all familiar with Cayman, Dart opened it. Nuff said...

scubadu Dec 8, 2017 11:52 am

Originally Posted by jasondetar (Post 29146648)
Kimpton Seafire is luxury. While true many of their properties are not up to par when it comes to Cayman Islands, unless you're staying at Luxury condos such as the Caribbean Club on seven mile (boutiques) this is VERY good. If you're at all familiar with Cayman, Dart opened it. Nuff said...

Have you personally stayed there and/or toured the property?

I'm a long time Kimpton fan but have never stayed in a Kimpton that even remotely meets the definition of luxury used by this forum. I'm afraid I need a bit more evidence than "Dart opened it. Nuff said..."

Regards

jasondetar Dec 8, 2017 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 29150444)
Have you personally stayed there and/or toured the property?

I'm a long time Kimpton fan but have never stayed in a Kimpton that even remotely meets the definition of luxury used by this forum. I'm afraid I need a bit more evidence than "Dart opened it. Nuff said..."

Regards

I have when it was under construction, have not returned when it opened so as far as the hard product, it is up to standards (even more so than many 5-star properties I've been to honestly) but soft product I cannot say for certain. I would not expect it to be Four Seasons, Aman, etc level on soft but the architecture, resort itself, features, location, amenities.. are some of the best on the island.

RichardInSF Dec 9, 2017 8:11 am

Moving to the Carib forum.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel

DSI Dec 11, 2017 9:10 am

This hotel is nicer than half of the hotels discussed in the lux forum.

GetSetJetSet Dec 11, 2017 8:04 pm

I'll be there for 4 nights, hope it's as good as advertised!