Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Any ideas when Puerto Rico will be good for vacations again?

Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:21 am
Original Poster

I heard on the radio this morning that 85% of Puerto Rico is still without power and 40% without water.

Does anyone have any ideas when Puerto Rico will be a viable vacation destination again? Is the first week of January too soon?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The first week of January of what year?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
The first week of January of what year?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had planned to go to the weekend of December 15. I just got an email from the Condado Hilton in San Juan that they are unable to honor my reservation. Seems pretty standard for hotels, I'll be postponing the trip indefinitely.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
We loved PR when we went, very diverse island lots of things to do. However I would have a hard time living it up there now, when the people there went through so much (and still are)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I visited SJU this past weekend to check on my property. As mentioned before some hotels remain closed due to damages received, others are open, but currently housing FEMA employees, press and the like. I was not there long enough to check, but at the time there was no idea when hotels will be open to the general public. At the time of my visit, I noticed that the Isla Verde area has power and water. Not sure on Condado area, or inland. Grocery stores are open and you can get supplies. Some restaurants are open as well. This is just from what I saw in the San Juan metro area.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I had an email from the Rainforest Inn recently to say that they are up and running (they have a generator and collect rainwater) and that, since they had a lot of cancellations, they would welcome reservations. We stayed there a few years ago and it is a nice place, though if you don't like rainforests there isn't much else!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.