Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Curacao to Bridgetown (Through-checking Surinam to Caribbean)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, BA

Hi all,

We're planning to do Curacao (CUR) to Barbados (BGI) and have found options to be quite limited.

Expedia has found
CUR - POS on PY (Surinam), POS - BGI on BW (Caribbean)

We need visas for Trinidad but can TWOV if remaining airside so this routing would only work if our bags are through-checked. This routing isn't available on either airline's website but comes up on several OTAs when doing a one-way search. Flights are coded PY and BW with no codeshare.

Does anyone have any experience or know if our bags will be through-checked? Also open to any other routing options.

We've found CUR - MIA - BGI on AA. It would be safer but adds 3 hours to total journey time and ~$110 more expensive each.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I dont know about PY, but I have transitted in POS a few times with incoming flights on CM from PTY and I have always had to clear immigrations and customs in POS and recheck my luggage on BW.
Unlike the rest of the population, immigration officers on Trinidad are grumpy and unwelcoming. There's no chance they'll let you through with no visa, even if it's just to recheck luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.