Any advice on low airfare to st. Lucia?

Old Jan 17, 17, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Any advice on low airfare to st. Lucia?

We are planning a wedding in st Lucia in July and the airfare for routes from anywhere in Texas, Arizona or from Miami is pretty steep. ~$700 to ~$900 with lonnnggg layover (except fl)

Any ideas on on low cost ways to get my guests there?
Old Jan 18, 17, 7:22 am

Programs: AC*SE100K BA-S HH-D IHG-Plat Accor-G MR-S
Originally Posted by Mskeepitmoving View Post
We are planning a wedding in st Lucia in July and the airfare for routes from anywhere in Texas, Arizona or from Miami is pretty steep. ~$700 to ~$900 with lonnnggg layover (except fl)

Any ideas on on low cost ways to get my guests there?
You are probably looking for flights to UVF. Try flying to either Barbados (BGI) or Trinidad (POS) (or even ANU) and then take a local flight on Liat across to SLU (Castries airport). Depending on which hotel you are at, SLU could be much closer to your final destination.
--
13F
Old Jan 21, 17, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice! I'll give it a shot!
Old Jan 25, 17, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ View Post
You are probably looking for flights to UVF. Try flying to either Barbados (BGI) or Trinidad (POS) (or even ANU) and then take a local flight on Liat across to SLU (Castries airport). Depending on which hotel you are at, SLU could be much closer to your final destination.
--
13F
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if they fly through BGI they will have to collect their luggage and clear immigration/customs before heading to the gate. I think there is an expidited line for this though.

I'm not seeing that it is any cheaper to fly to another country and take a hopper flight. The extra flight adds on another $100-250 rt and a lot of time. I would think the best bet would be to fly AA from DFW-UVF. The layover times are 1 hr going there and 2 hrs coming back, which does not seem excessive. By flying into SLU vs UVF if the hotel is on the north part of the island you are only saving about $60 rt for a ride to the airport.
Old Jan 26, 17, 5:52 am

Programs: AC*SE100K BA-S HH-D IHG-Plat Accor-G MR-S
Originally Posted by Astrophsx View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if they fly through BGI they will have to collect their luggage and clear immigration/customs before heading to the gate. I think there is an expidited line for this though.

I'm not seeing that it is any cheaper to fly to another country and take a hopper flight. The extra flight adds on another $100-250 rt and a lot of time. I would think the best bet would be to fly AA from DFW-UVF. The layover times are 1 hr going there and 2 hrs coming back, which does not seem excessive. By flying into SLU vs UVF if the hotel is on the north part of the island you are only saving about $60 rt for a ride to the airport.
Correct. When you transit in BGI, PAX need to collect luggage, go landside, recheck, etc. There is a connections lane to go through in-bound immigration, on the extreme right side of the immigration arrivals hall.
--
13F

Search this Thread