Wiki Posts
Search

Award Travel to St. Kitts (SKB)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Award Travel to St. Kitts (SKB)

Hello,

My wife and I are thinking about traveling to St. Kitts to stay at the new Park Hyatt using Hyatt points and I am trying to figure out the best way to fly there from Detroit (DTW) using miles. I don't have a lot of miles on any one carrier but I have some Ultimate Rewards points and am thinking about taking advantage of a credit card sign up bonus or two to get the tickets. In my research it looks like American has the most flight options but I am looking for other options that I could use miles/points for.

I am planning on traveling in early Nov 2017, so I have some time to plan and save points and I am hoping to advantage of the off-peak mileage chart. We will likely be going for ~5 nights and will probably need to return on a Sat or Sun and I am finding that even in off-peak times it will likely cost me ~40k miles in economy or 100k miles in 1st/business.

Any suggestions on the best carriers to consider other than AA, best ways to earn miles or ways to book for fewer miles would be hugely appreciated! This will be our 10th anniversary trip so I would love to find a way to fly 1st class, but 100k miles seems like a lot!

Thanks a lot for any tips or suggestions from this great community!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.