Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Puerto Rico - Fajardo BioBay current status (Summer 2016)?

Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan

In late 2013, there were news reports about the Fajardo Grande Lagoon losing its bioluminescence.

Has anyone been there in the past 24-30 months, who can provide an update?

Also, how sensitive is the BioBay to lunar conditions? Our time in Puerto Rico will overlap the full moon, which I've heard is the worst time to see the BioBay.

thx.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key
Actually, yes. We went in December, and the day before going, they actually called us to let us know it was only glowing at maybe 10-20%, offering a refund. We took them up on it, and didn't end up going. Quite a disappointment, since we likely won't be back to Puerto Rico.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I visited about a year ago and found the experience disappointing. Not as spectacular as I had been told.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:06 pm
Suspended

I went 5 years ago and the experience was great. Is the loss of luminescence due to global warming or polution?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.