Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Middle of the night arrival/departure in Barbados

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat

Alo,

I'm flying JetBlue, arriving at 3am, then my flight back leaves at 4am. Will there be taxis from the airport at 3am I can take to my AirBNB?

And what is the best way to get to the airport by 2:30am on the day of my departing flight? Can I call a reliable taxi? Or should I plan to catch a cab much earlier in the evening and just wait it out at the airport. I have Priority Pass but the one lounge appears to close at 8pm.. that'd be a long 8 hours of waiting.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
In my experience anywhere in the Caribbean, if there is a flight landing, there will be taxis. And usually the taxi driver taking you away from the airport will ask you a series of questions:
  • is this your first time here?
  • how long are you going to stay?
  • do you need a ride back to the airport?
If you are staying for a week, you will use multiple taxis. Pick the one you like and book him for the airport run. Get his mobile number just in case, but I have never been left stranded.
--
13F
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Every taxi we have used in Barbados hands us a business card for the return pick up (usually for dinner)..most of the time they didn't even collect the fare until the return trip. Like PP said, grab a few business cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.