Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Layover-friendly hotels in Trinidad and St. Lucia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL

I'm doing a MR in January that will see me spending single nights in Port of Spain and Vieux Fort before returning to the airport for continuing flights. I've looked for suitable hotels--moderately priced, convenient to the airport, no beach necessary, and hopefully with free transfers. Unfortunately, my choices resulted in one non-response to my email (Hewanorra Gardens in UVF) and one "no vacancy" response (Xanadu Resort in POS).

Does anyone have suggestions?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by travelmad478
I'm doing a MR in January that will see me spending single nights in Port of Spain and Vieux Fort before returning to the airport for continuing flights. I've looked for suitable hotels--moderately priced, convenient to the airport, no beach necessary, and hopefully with free transfers. Unfortunately, my choices resulted in one non-response to my email (Hewanorra Gardens in UVF) and one "no vacancy" response (Xanadu Resort in POS).

Does anyone have suggestions?
For POS -- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trincity Trinidad Airport. The hotel is 5 mins from the airport and it has a free shutttle.
For UVF -- I have flown into a handful of times, but always stay near Rodney Bay which is 1.5 hrs away.

Suggestion: google UVF Airport, open the map, select nearby hotels. You will see 8-9 places within 2-3 kms of the airport.
https://www.google.ca/maps/search/ho...78!2d13.733333
--
13F
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
For POS -- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trincity Trinidad Airport. The hotel is 5 mins from the airport and it has a free shutttle.
For UVF -- I have flown into a handful of times, but always stay near Rodney Bay which is 1.5 hrs away.

Suggestion: google UVF Airport, open the map, select nearby hotels. You will see 8-9 places within 2-3 kms of the airport.
https://www.google.ca/maps/search/ho...78!2d13.733333
--
13F
Thanks! I will check out the POS HIE. Sounds like a good option. For UVF, your suggestion is pretty much what I did, but the hotel I chose just never responded to my email. I will go down the list...just wanted to see if any FTers have a tried-and-tested recommendation.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I once stayed at Regent Star in POS. It's so close to the airport you could walk there, but they also do a free shuttle if you call them in advance. Which I do recommend.

The place is only a few years old and very decent. I found it very convenient and reasonably priced.

http://www.theregentstarhotel.com/home/
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks Milkman. I think I have a booking at the Piarco Village Suites (it seems that hotel reservations in the Caribbean are much more loosey-goosey than in other places in the world!), but if that goes squirly then I will remember the Regent Star.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.