Curacao/February 2016

Old Jul 7, 15, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Curacao/February 2016

A six night stay planned from February 6th-11th;
A Hilton Diamond and a Marriott Silver
A King beachfront similar in price for both.

Plus and minuses for both properties.

Any personal insight as to why I pick one over the other?

TY
Old Jul 13, 15, 9:30 am

Programs: AC*SE100K BA-S HH-D IHG-Plat Accor-G MR-S
I`ve stayed at the Hilton three or four times. Last visit was early 2012. The hotel block is functional, but the rooms are basic and boring. When I stayed there, there was a lounge with drinks and limited snacks. I beleive the rooms had been redecorated prior to my last visit. Beach is very small, but quite pretty with natural rock protection on both sides. I recall scuba divers going in directly from the hotel. Large pool, large open air restaurant on the lobby level, etc.

I have never stayed at the Marriott. It is one or two doors down from the Hilton. My guess is that it is less than 10 years old whereas the Hilton feels like it was built in the 60`s or 70`s.
--
13F
Old Jul 15, 15, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Marriott is physically a much nicer property. I have only stayed there as a platinum, and like most resorts elite benefits are slim.

They essentially have access to the same snorkling/beach stuff. The snorkeling is REALLY good if you are not nervous about swimming out a bit. We go out over by Marriott and swim all the way down to Hilton.

Search this Thread