Punta Cana Weather Forecast for next week

Old Jun 11, 15, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Punta Cana Weather Forecast for next week

Hi Friends,

We have a trip booked to Punta Cana from June 16-21 but just took a look at the weather forecast and there is rain every day. Anyone have insight on whether these will be light, quick rains versus heavy thunderstorms all day long? I wish the weather forecasts included info like that (or maybe I'm just missing it).

We can cancel the entire trip without penalty if we cancel by tomorrow. The only reason we are going is to lay on the beach so I don't want to spend $2k to sit in the room.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Jun 12, 15, 9:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ksf45632 View Post
Hi Friends,

We have a trip booked to Punta Cana from June 16-21 but just took a look at the weather forecast and there is rain every day. Anyone have insight on whether these will be light, quick rains versus heavy thunderstorms all day long? I wish the weather forecasts included info like that (or maybe I'm just missing it).

We can cancel the entire trip without penalty if we cancel by tomorrow. The only reason we are going is to lay on the beach so I don't want to spend $2k to sit in the room.

Any advice would be appreciated!
I've been to PUJ 3 or 4 times in the summer (usually in August) and the rain I experienced was intermittent and was typically followed by sunshine. The one thing I do remember is the heat/humidity combination after a rain shower could be pretty beastly. But I am sure it all depends on the specifics of the storm system and other weather related stuff.

Here is the accuweather forecast for your period (in Bavaro) and it does not look too bad to me. Their forecast seems to call for "thunderstorms in spots" so you could get washed out or you could have very little rainfall based on where you are staying.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/do/bav...cast/771?day=6
Old Jun 14, 15, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
I've been to PUJ 3 or 4 times in the summer (usually in August) and the rain I experienced was intermittent and was typically followed by sunshine. The one thing I do remember is the heat/humidity combination after a rain shower could be pretty beastly. But I am sure it all depends on the specifics of the storm system and other weather related stuff.

Here is the accuweather forecast for your period (in Bavaro) and it does not look too bad to me. Their forecast seems to call for "thunderstorms in spots" so you could get washed out or you could have very little rainfall based on where you are staying.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/do/bav...cast/771?day=6
Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it! I think we'll take the gamble.
Old Jun 17, 15, 10:26 am

Thanks so much for the advice! I really appreciate it! I think we'll take the gamble.
If you get a chance post an update after your trip and let us know how it went.
Old Jun 22, 15, 10:10 am
Original Poster

It rained for about 5 minutes on 3 days out of 6. Perfect weather the rest of the time! Thanks for giving me the confidence to go, Cheltzel!
Old Jun 22, 15, 10:25 am

It rained for about 5 minutes on 3 days out of 6. Perfect weather the rest of the time! Thanks for giving me the confidence to go, Cheltzel!
I'm glad it worked out for you.

Search this Thread