Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Flying into Barbados and out of St Lucia. Suggestions for one more location?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

As the title suggests we are booked into Bridgetown where we are staying for a few days and then have 3 nights spare before we fly out of St Lucia. Need some ideas for what islands are within a direct flight from BGI and then direct to SLU.

Would loved to have seen SXM but there is no flight on Monday which is the day we are done from BGI.

Any islands close by between Barbados and SLU? Just a place to chill and unwind.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by onlysuites
As the title suggests we are booked into Bridgetown where we are staying for a few days and then have 3 nights spare before we fly out of St Lucia. Need some ideas for what islands are within a direct flight from BGI and then direct to SLU.

Would loved to have seen SXM but there is no flight on Monday which is the day we are done from BGI.

Any islands close by between Barbados and SLU? Just a place to chill and unwind.
Several. Direct flights to the two bigger islands: GND and SVD. But for something more off the beaten track, try Bequia.

You can fly once per day direct from BGI: http://www.svgair.com/barbados_schedules_and_fares.html

And then take the ferry to SVD where you can fly across to SLU.
http://www.bequia.net/ferries.html

When you depart Saint Lucia, make sure you know if you are leaving from SLU or UVF.
--
13F
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Several. Direct flights to the two bigger islands: GND and SVD. But for something more off the beaten track, try Bequia.

You can fly once per day direct from BGI: http://www.svgair.com/barbados_schedules_and_fares.html

And then take the ferry to SVD where you can fly across to SLU.
http://www.bequia.net/ferries.html

When you depart Saint Lucia, make sure you know if you are leaving from SLU or UVF.
--
13F
All three of them sound good. How is Bequia priced? I don't want to do ferry's as will be with kids. Easier to just fly.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:06 am

All three of them sound good. How is Bequia priced? I don't want to do ferry's as will be with kids. Easier to just fly.
I have flow through Bequia, but never stayed. I have many Caribbean friends who have vacationed there, so I think it is reasonably priced.

Kids? If it was me, thinking back to when my daughter was just a few years younger, I would stay in one place, maybe two, but to try to do three islands in such a short time??? It would not have worked for us.

I would go to the Hilton Barbados and the St James Club Morgan Bay near the SLU airport and forget about trying to squeeze in another island. Even though the flights will be less than an hour, it will be a 4-5 hr adventure with packing, taxis, check-in, security, boarding... You get the picture. If your kids are young, stay longer at the Hilton. If they're a bit older, stay longer at the Morgan Bay for the water sports. Morgan Bay is an all-inclusive with a 2-night minimum most times of the year.
--
13F
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have flow through Bequia, but never stayed. I have many Caribbean friends who have vacationed there, so I think it is reasonably priced.

Kids? If it was me, thinking back to when my daughter was just a few years younger, I would stay in one place, maybe two, but to try to do three islands in such a short time??? It would not have worked for us.

I would go to the Hilton Barbados and the St James Club Morgan Bay near the SLU airport and forget about trying to squeeze in another island. Even though the flights will be less than an hour, it will be a 4-5 hr adventure with packing, taxis, check-in, security, boarding... You get the picture. If your kids are young, stay longer at the Hilton. If they're a bit older, stay longer at the Morgan Bay for the water sports. Morgan Bay is an all-inclusive with a 2-night minimum most times of the year.
--
13F
Both me and my wife get bored of staying at the same place after 4 nights!

Any recommendations for hotels in St Vincent?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:14 pm

Any recommendations for hotels in St Vincent?
http://www.youngisland.com/ There are also a few small, friendly properties facing Young Island anyone of which would be good for chilling out and destressing. I have stayed at Mariners Resort and Sunset Shores. All of these places are a short drive to SVD, and not far from Kingstown.
--
13F
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.youngisland.com/ There are also a few small, friendly properties facing Young Island anyone of which would be good for chilling out and destressing. I have stayed at Mariners Resort and Sunset Shores. All of these places are a short drive to SVD, and not far from Kingstown.
--
13F
Young island looks good. Thank you.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 9:44 am

Young island looks good. Thank you.
I have American friends who stayed there for 10+ years straight. I believe they will pick you up from the SVD airport.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.