Trinidad in two days?

Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Trinidad in two days?

Good evening

I'm looking at award flights for a long weekend and Trinidad is coming up as an option: arriving late Friday night and leaving Monday late afternoon. I know it's not ideal but if I accept that I might be a bit rushed and hire a car, is it feasible to see a bit of the island and have some time to relax?

Looks like it would be a loop around the island or would anybody be able to suggest another possible route?

Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Trinidad is not really a holiday destination. Can your points get you to Barbados or any other island instead?

I have driven in lots of places in the Caribbean, but I would not drive in Trinidad.
--
13F
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Club Card, UA & DL Platinum; Hyatt's Gold Passport, AVIS President's Club, AA, GOES
Trinidad in two days?

Just returned from Trinidad. Wish we had more time for Tobago. Landed at 5:30AM on Saturday. I had planned to get my Hertz rental car and drop off my luggage at the Hyatt in Port of Spain then return to POS and purchase R/T ticket to Tobago. Unfortunately, all the flight were sold out. Decided to hang out in the city since our return was 7:39AM on Sunday. Lesson learned: call Hertz and they will pick you up; if you can,book flights to Tobago beforehand or walk to domestic terminal and book r/t tickets; not necessary to stay in the city since there is a descent hotel by the roundabout. Definitely. purchase a sim for your unlock phone or purchase a phone. The store for phone+ is immediately outside Immigration. You can't miss it. You can also change into TT currency at the foreign currency exchange next to the phone store. Avis has a representative at the airport but Hertz doesn't. Always book rental car online for cheaper deal. Staff at Hyatt Hotel were extremely helpful. I ask for an early check-in at 9:00 AM and they were accommodating.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Club Card, UA & DL Platinum; Hyatt's Gold Passport, AVIS President's Club, AA, GOES
Trinidad in two days?

Driving in Trinidad was fine and fun. I've driven in London before and Hertz had A/T trans which helped. I keep turning on the wipers when my intent was to signal for a turn. 😃

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.