Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Caribbean and nearby Atlantic including Puerto Rico
Reload this Page >

Airport arrival time GCM (Gd. Cayman Islands)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Hello,
not really sure what forum this belongs in. Looking for advice on how long I should allow for check in and customs coming out of Grand Cayman Island (GCM). Flight is around 2pm - DL said 3 hours before hand which I think is ridiculous. Any advice is appreciated!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:14 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let's ask the views of the readers of the Caribbean forum. I'll move it there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Originally Posted by lebowski76
Hello,
not really sure what forum this belongs in. Looking for advice on how long I should allow for check in and customs coming out of Grand Cayman Island (GCM). Flight is around 2pm - DL said 3 hours before hand which I think is ridiculous. Any advice is appreciated!
If a Saturday, then up to 2 hrs prior, any other day, deduct an hour; checking bags add 20 min.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Heading to GCM today for a return trip. I was curious about the same thing. Any update from OP? I'll post back with mine.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Had a 2:30 US Airways flight today (Wednesday) got to the airport a
Little before 12 to return the rental
Car to Andy's. We had plenty of time. Maybe we were too early but I would say that an hour and a half early is plenty of time at GCM. Ymmv
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Any updated thoughts for a 1345 departure on a Sunday with no checked luggage? Is two hours before departure enough time?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:03 am

90 minutes is more than sufficient; the airport is very small and once you've cleared security you're no more than 1 minute from the gate. If you're more nervous and want to check in well in advance you can do so and then call for a shuttle to the nearby George Town Yacht club which is far nicer to while away time than the airport lounge, and then head back to the airport maybe 50 minutes before departure
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thank you. 90 minutes was indeed more than enough time with no checked luggage. Security to the waiting area was only about five minutes and there's no passport control; you just hand in the departure card to the gate agent during the boarding process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.