Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Martin Hotel help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

St. Martin Hotel help

I am going to St Martin with my wife and year old daughter for the 1st time. We are very torn between 2 different hotels and would love some feedback. We booked the Palm court hotel for 650 for 4 nights. Seems like a nice hotel, small although not so modern and no sea views. On the other hand it's on Orient beach.

Our other option is the Princess heights which is huge, has ocean balconies and seems a lot more modern. We booked that for 700. Downside is that it's out near Oyster Pond and not in the best area. We are only in for 4 days and want to maximize our time. One day we plan on going to Anguilla and another will be spend exploring the island and scuba diving. For a short stay what would you guys recommend?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Skip SXM and proceed directly to AXA.

If I was only there for a few days I would want someething with beach access (although Orient Beach is not a big attraction for me). Depending upon what you want to see and do, the Oyster Pond area is not the most convenient for getting out and about (although I like the area and have stayed there numerous times). Are you renting a car?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Yes we are renting a car with Sixt. I think I am only paying about 100 dollars or so, I booked it last June. My feeling for staying in the Orient beach area is that since it's my first time to SXM and I don't like repeating places I may as well be where it's at while I am there. Next time I will pick a more tranquil island and just scuba dive and lounge on the beach.

I do plan on day tripping to Anguilla though.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Since you're only there for a few days I say go with Palm Court so you can be around more. Scuba there is pretty good. It is where I learned to scuba (and to swim for that matter but 15 years later).
Pick up a few bottles of Guavaberry Rum http://www.guavaberry.com/ It's great on things like grilled pineapple.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. There is scuba diving in Orient bay area? I happen to have just got licensed last summer while in Bali and need to practice!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
http://www.octopusdiving.com/ this is who we used the last 2 times. Good experiences. In the actual bay I do not know but you're best off going around the island. It is not very large so you could do a dive on the Dutch side in the morning and French in the evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.