Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aruba / AUA airport VIP lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Aruba / AUA airport VIP lounge

Does AA still operate this lounge? If so is it only for FC passengers and is AUA the only airport with a similar lounge?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I don't think a lounge exist in AUA.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Delta Platinum Medallion,AMEX Plat,Hyatt GP Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by morrisunc
Does AA still operate this lounge? If so is it only for FC passengers and is AUA the only airport with a similar lounge?
If you have a Priority Pass, per their website there are two lounges at Aruba (airside, after passport control):

1) Location: Airside - after Passport Control, proceed through Immigration and follow signs to Gate 8. Follow signs. The Lounge is only accessible for passengers traveling to the USA.

Opening Hours: 06:30 - 08:00 & 11:00 - 17:00 daily. Hours may vary according to flight schedules.

2) Location: Airside - after Passport Control, follow signs to Gate 2. Pass Immigration & turn right, then turn left at the next corner & follow signs for int'l departure gates. After Security, take escalator or lift to 1st Floor. Turn left & proceed to Gate 2. The signboard on the left indicates entrance.

Opening Hours: 11:00 - 19:00 daily. On Saturdays, the Lounge is only accessible for passengers traveling to the USA.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:50 am

If you are in F on AA, you cannot use the lounge. At least that is what I was told and experienced in F AUA-MIA-DCA ... I walked in and it looked really dingy anyways, it's a Priority Pass lounge
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:22 pm
Original Member

Aruba VIP lounge

Was there this week. Windowless room with TV, some sandwiches, soft drinks, bottled water, and Balashi.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
And let me give you the low down on Saturdays. It says it's open till 5p and accessible to USA-bound pax, but that is not the case. I was travelling on a US Airways flight on a Saturday that left around 4p. Well, One of the lounges closed at 2p, so I went to the other one all the way down the concourse.

I was in there about 15 minutes before the dragon told us all to get out as customs was closing the passageway to the concourse for US-bound flights so the Canada and international flights could depart (those pax were being held in a holding pin due to US pre-clearance). AUA airport is a really bizarre layout and the lounge situation is poor on Saturdays.

Really terrible customer service, and the lounge is nothing to write home about. Small, windowless room with some chips and booze.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:33 am

What about free wifi? I might have a couple of hours to kill at the airport, and want to know if it would be worth it. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:06 pm
Original Member

Aruba VIP lounge

Wifi is provided at airport and is time limited.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread is destination-specific, and not related to a particular airline, so it has been moved to the proper destination forum.

JDiver
senior moderator
Old Jul 26, 2013, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Of course, if you could change your WIFI MAC address at will, this wouldn't be a problem...............if only that were possible wink wink nod nodhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:25 pm

Any updates on this? Gonna be in Aruba next month and figure we'll be at the airport early for the flight. I've got PP but the GF doesn't, however we'll be flying Delta J if that makes a difference
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:22 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
both Mrs Willie & I nor those around us were unable to utilize the wifi at AUA. (this was on Jan 6, 2014). Not one person I spoke with was able to access.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I'm in the VIP lounge by gate 8 right now. The lounges were both renovated relatively recently. There are very few power outlets and the seating set up is incredibly dense. Beverage selection includes: Balashi, white/red wine single servings, Bacardi, and JW Red. Self-serve.

There is a coffee machine but just reg drip and not espresso. Finger sandwiches available.

The WiFi in the lounge is inferior to the airport free Wifi.

The front desk is very stringent about entry requirements and has turned away a dozen people while I sit in here comfortably with my partner! The airport is packed but there are only 4 people in the lounge at present. There is seating only for ~25.

Overall: a perfectly acceptable Priority Pass lounge and a much needed alternative to the horrible Aruba USA departures area. Would be much better if soup or more substantive snacks were available.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM - Life, IHG Spire elite, BA BLUE previously BA Gold
Originally Posted by woodyDCA
I'm in the VIP lounge by gate 8 right now. The lounges were both renovated relatively recently. There are very few power outlets and the seating set up is incredibly dense. Beverage selection includes: Balashi, white/red wine single servings, Bacardi, and JW Red. Self-serve.

There is a coffee machine but just reg drip and not espresso. Finger sandwiches available.

The front desk is very stringent about entry requirements and has turned away a dozen people while I sit in here comfortably with my partner! The airport is packed but there are only 4 people in the lounge at present. There is seating only for ~25.

Overall: a perfectly acceptable Priority Pass lounge and a much needed alternative to the horrible Aruba USA departures area. Would be much better if soup or more substantive snacks were available.
I have just booked LHR-MIA-AUA & return with AA for summer 2017. I am travelling First from AUA-MIA,then Business MIA-LHR, can I access a lounge in AUA? Don't have Priority Pass.

Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by woodyDCA

We were just there last week (the VIP lounge by gate 8). We used our Priority Pass from CSR to get in. It was almost completely empty except for 2 or 3 other people. Outside by the gates, all the seats are full including the ones by the restaurants. It was really nice in there and they have little slider sandwiches (ham, turkey, tuna, etc..) with french onion soup. And little bags of chips (lays, funion, etc). I don't see any self serve drink though.. all the drinks are served by the bar attendant. WiFi was pretty good.. ~4Mbps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.