Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

Venture X Business (fka Spark Travel Elite) application publicly available?

Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

I would like to get the C1 Travel Elite card, but the private offer was not extended to me. It's the same as Venture X, but for business and has a 250k bonus with $50k spend in 3 months.

Anybody heard any rumors when it will be publicly available?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Luger
I would like to get the C1 Travel Elite card, but the private offer was not extended to me. It's the same as Venture X, but for business and has a 250k bonus with $50k spend in 3 months.

Anybody heard any rumors when it will be publicly available?
Any update for the new year?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
A friend of mine tried applying through my RM and was told they are no longer offering it privately, but expect to see it go public by the end of first quarter.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:52 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Venture X Business (fka Spark Travel Elite) - anyone has an application link?

Does anyone have a link to Capital One Venture X Business? I do not know of any C1 relationship manager, any help appreciated.

P2 already has a Spark 2% Cash Plus. Does this disqualify him from getting Venture X Business card?

Thank you.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:35 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Press coverage:

https://www.cnbc.com/select/capital-...re-x-business/

https://www.businessinsider.com/pers...ng-soon-2023-2

..the Venture X Business Card won't be available to just anyone. As with its previous incarnation, you'll need to apply for the card through your Capital One Relationship Manager (they're like a liaison between business owners and the bank who help arrange accounts, loans, and other credit) when it becomes available. There's no online application link.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
An article from 2/3 said the card won't be available until "next week". Check the C1 website until you see it. I'm guessing it'll show up ~2/10 or so. There's no rush is there?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:01 pm

Thanks. RMs send out an application link that can be shared, that is what I am asking for. Also if someone has a referral to a RM I'm all ears.

Last edited by happychic; Feb 7, 2023 at 10:07 pm
Old Feb 7, 2023, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
An article from 2/3 said the card won't be available until "next week". Check the C1 website until you see it. I'm guessing it'll show up ~2/10 or so. There's no rush is there?
The sooner I get the card the sooner I can meet minimum spend is how I generally see it. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:40 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Speak for yourself ! We are eager to play.

Update
Went to a branch - spoke to manager - no idea there about the card- referred me to the web site !

Last edited by ffI; Feb 19, 2023 at 4:31 pm
Old Mar 7, 2023, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

It's been a month and no more news.
Old May 4, 2023, 2:41 pm

This card is now more "officially" available, but seems you still need a relationship manager to get one. I searched on LinkedIn for one in my area and sent a few emails a couple of months ago when reports first surfaced of the card and got one to respond to me. At the time he said the card wasn't available but when I saw more stories this week I tried again. He confirmed the card is now available as of this week and sent me an application link, which does seem to be specific to me and my business. I do have a Spark business card already but not sure if that matters.
Otherwise the details he sent match the link below - namely the sign up bonus of 150,000 miles after $30k spend in 3 months and another 150,000 miles after $500k(!!!) spend in 1 year.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/capit...d-requirement/

Don't think I'll be hitting that $500,000 level but I should be able to hit $30k in three months on non-category spend for my business which is all I plan to use this card for.
Old May 11, 2023, 5:47 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
The branch had no idea who a relationship manager was! - P2 had been banking there for 20 yrs
Went on Linkedin and searched for a Capital One relationship Manager
PMed and got a reply at once - and then was contacted by one

I was told the card is a credit card, but like a charge card with no preset limit as limits can be increased dynamically
There can be only 1 card like that in a person's name - so if you have a cash plus you are ineligible for this new card
ANY data points verifying this will be useful - has any one with cash plus applied and been denied for the card?

(it could also be that the relationship manager will not get credit for the account - see below)
I was told that most of us who apply directly are in the cloud as for as Relationship managers count
If the link comes from the relationship manager then I suspect the manager gets credit internally
(If there is already a "diffuse" relationship I think the manager will not get credit for the card)

So I was told to close my old Cash Plus first and then get the link and apply
My suspicion is that once this happens, I will be "linked" to this Relationship manager and future whatever accounts I have will be "credited" to this manager

In a few months the capital one link will likely be public but right now they are having someone verify a few details before link is given

My Analysis
150k for 30k spend
Cost - lost cash from 30k spend on this vs BofA = 787.50$ + 400$ fee = ~1200$
Benefit = 300 travel credit at least + goodies = real cost 900 at most
Points = 150k + 60k for spend = 1500+600= 2100$ value
Real benefit 1200$ at this level cash wise or 90,000 c / 210,000 miles = 0.44 cpm.

Next 470k spend gets 940+150k = 1090k miles
Cost of 470k spend = about 12500$
Benefit of 1090k miles = min 10900$ value - so looks like a slight loss or about 1.15cpm cost to acquire
With transfer bonuses to various airlines though, the equation can change to about 1cpm real cost
Old Jul 15, 2023, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Can anybody put me in touch with a relationship manager? My branch has no idea what that is.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 8:04 am
ffI

Originally Posted by Luger
Can anybody put me in touch with a relationship manager? My branch has no idea what that is.
Go to linked in and search capital one relationship manager
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by ffI
Go to linked in and search capital one relationship manager
I did this and I didn't get any responses.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.