Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 Travel booking portal Price Drop Protection?

Old Aug 10, 2022, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum

C1 offers “price drop protection” when they recommend you buy a fare, up to $50. Does anyone know if this $50 is per ticket or an aggregate total if buying multiple tickets? The terms and conditions are very unclear.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
C1 offers “price drop protection” when they recommend you buy a fare, up to $50. Does anyone know if this $50 is per ticket or an aggregate total if buying multiple tickets? The terms and conditions are very unclear.
Why don't you post the T & C here and let us help you decipher it? My guess is it applies to every ticket you buy. Here is one person's experience: https://thepointsguy.com/news/ventur...ection-travel/
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Has anyone had any luck with their Flight "Price Drop Protection"? They claim they will refund you up to $50 if the price drops within 10 days of booking.

I booked two flights. One dropped by approx $10, the other by $40. I called in for the first one and the agent verified it but said it would take a month for me to get it. After not getting anything, I called in and the agent said there's no price drop. I had to escalate it to a supervisor to get the refund. He says there is a problem with the automated system AND the system is confusing to look at so something the agent doesnt see it. He says if the system is working, you should get it within 3-5 bus days after the 10 days.

Therefore, my recommendation, track the price yourself, make note of the details, and call in (and escalate if needed) to get the refund.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 7:21 am

Rebate received unsolicited

I received an email just yesterday from C1 informing me of a $50 rebate on a single ticket purchase. Didn't call or ask for it. It just automatically arrived.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
Has anyone had any luck with their Flight "Price Drop Protection"? They claim they will refund you up to $50 if the price drops within 10 days of booking.

I booked two flights. One dropped by approx $10, the other by $40. I called in for the first one and the agent verified it but said it would take a month for me to get it. After not getting anything, I called in and the agent said there's no price drop. I had to escalate it to a supervisor to get the refund. He says there is a problem with the automated system AND the system is confusing to look at so something the agent doesnt see it. He says if the system is working, you should get it within 3-5 bus days after the 10 days.

Therefore, my recommendation, track the price yourself, make note of the details, and call in (and escalate if needed) to get the refund.
Did you book a flight that qualified for price drop protection? When you are booking, it will tell you "book now" for certain tickets (and it will say that your ticket includes price drop protection) and "book later" (or similar wording) for others (wherein, if you go ahead and book anyhow, you don't get the protection). If the computer expects the price to drop, essentially, then it won't offer you the price drop protection. You can also set alerts and it will email you when it thinks you should go ahead and buy the ticket, and if you do so then, it will include the price drop protection.

It's always automatic, and I've gotten it a few times. It's up to $50 per ticket, not per booking. Airfares are highly volatile these days and often drop on short notice, so I've gotten the benefit when I book, say, 10 days out and the price goes down 3 days before the flight.
philemer likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Did you book a flight that qualified for price drop protection? When you are booking, it will tell you "book now" for certain tickets (and it will say that your ticket includes price drop protection) and "book later" (or similar wording) for others (wherein, if you go ahead and book anyhow, you don't get the protection). If the computer expects the price to drop, essentially, then it won't offer you the price drop protection. You can also set alerts and it will email you when it thinks you should go ahead and buy the ticket, and if you do so then, it will include the price drop protection.

It's always automatic, and I've gotten it a few times. It's up to $50 per ticket, not per booking. Airfares are highly volatile these days and often drop on short notice, so I've gotten the benefit when I book, say, 10 days out and the price goes down 3 days before the flight.
No they qualified. It stated it on the booking page and on my receipt.
Maybe the issue is because these are foreign airlines I'm booking with. (All my domestic travel is on United and I get a 10% discount booking through their site, so its not worth it).
Maybe its because I used points to book.

At least its good to know it works for you guys. maybe these were just one/two time occurances.

Their site has been flaky. For example, there was a time where it would display different ancillaries if you clicked on another flight and went back. Or it just isnt listed correctly. I've had to call in to get a refund on some flights where I thought I had a free bag but did not.
Old May 28, 2024, 7:34 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Booked airfare on 5.25.2024 through portal.
Fare dropped 5.28.2024.
Called in. Was told unless the original booking explicitly states "price drop protection", i don't get the protection.
Hung up, canceled the ticket and re-booked directly with the airline using the travel credit from the canceled booking.

I could have HUCA to get the protection, didn't have time to chase this down.
nsx likes this.
Old May 30, 2024, 11:28 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN A-list preferred, United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Hung up, canceled the ticket and re-booked directly with the airline using the travel credit from the canceled booking.
Which airline?
Old Jun 2, 2024, 1:33 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by nsx
Which airline?
Jetblue
nsx likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 4:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Recently booked HA one way close-in to the departure date. Price dropped and received $50 credit without request or any interaction on my part.
I do believe that the booking page has to specifically state that price protection is applicable. There's also a notice in the confirmation email.

I also noticed that more restrictive search (e.g., nonstop only, no basic) would result in price protection being removed from the search results.
I recommend trying your search without as many filters to see if price protection is offered prior to booking.

nsx likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.