C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
NEED TO USE MY $300 Credit soon.

We have SWA companion pass and lots of points. Unable to book SWA on portal.

Trips to Vegas are comped rooms.

Trying to figure out someway to use that credit. Though about a DL non refundable ticket, but they are only good for one year. Suggestions?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:31 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
United travel credits can be extended indefinitely by using the credit to buy a slightly more expensive ticket and canceling. Not sure but I think you need to wait 24 hours before canceling.
italdesign, ffI, MaxVO and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:16 am

Mind elaborating? My understanding has been if a trip is cancelled credit goes back to the C1 account?
Think it is use the credit for a United purchase, then keep extending until you take a real United trip, right?
Old Nov 18, 2023, 7:38 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Mind elaborating? My understanding has been if a trip is cancelled credit goes back to the C1 account?
If you cancel the trip by contacting Hopper, the credit would be reversed, but not if you cancel directly with the airline -and- the airline creates a credit voucher rather than refundung to the original form of payment. This will not work with all airlines.
MaxVO and pixelrogue like this.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 8:02 pm

I am sometimes just left scratching my head.
ffI likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 7:13 am

Cancel

Originally Posted by nsx
United travel credits can be extended indefinitely by using the credit to buy a slightly more expensive ticket and canceling. Not sure but I think you need to wait 24 hours before canceling.
When I tried cancelling on United app it says it must be cancelled via the original platform that was used to book the ticket. Did you cancel online or via phone? Was online cancellation possible previously? Had anyone tried this using the new travel credit system?

Last edited by gav_sharma; Nov 26, 2023 at 7:20 am
Old Dec 2, 2023, 12:11 am

Programs: BA G, SQ G,UA S, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gav_sharma
When I tried cancelling on United app it says it must be cancelled via the original platform that was used to book the ticket. Did you cancel online or via phone? Was online cancellation possible previously? Had anyone tried this using the new travel credit system?
Have you figured out how to cancel it?
I have 76 dollars left, thinking about buying a cheap UA main and convert to FTC.

I upgraded from regular venture to VX, AF is due in Feb
However, I had 300 dollars posted in Sept and they will expire next week
Not sure if it is a glitch or not, but I plan to use it first. if C1 does not post anything next year, I will call them
Old Dec 3, 2023, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by yehpeng65
Just a point I noted: I made a Hertz rental using Cap1 travel portal and paid $60+ using the travel credit. However, I was charged taxes and insurance at the shop which amount to a total of $92. I called Cap1 and the $92 can't be reimbursed with the VX travel credit. If you use the credit on rentals you might end up getting only less than half your rental amount, which is not economical in my opinion.
did you opt to buy the extra insurance at pick up? couldn't we present the Venture X CC when picking up the car to get the primary coverage for incidentals?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:01 pm

Stupidly missed the window to use $150 of my credit by a week. They refused to let me use it so I cancelled before paying another annual fee. Oh well, I guess I wasn't really traveling enough to use it.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Data point - the AF fee posted 12/8, statement closed 12/8, travel credit available for use 12/11.

AF had not been paid yet.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 10:59 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham
Can I use the credit after AF posts, and then downgrade to V or V1? Will they refund the AF?
I don't like the new "discount", and planning to downgrade to V or V1.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by carlitos
Correct, I have a $330 flight credit in my Mileage Plus account that expires on November 4, 2024.
And how did you cancel it? A more recent poster said he was directed to the original source (wasn't able to cancel via United). I assume you were able to cancel via United?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:54 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
And how did you cancel it? A more recent poster said he was directed to the original source (wasn't able to cancel via United). I assume you were able to cancel via United?
Correct, cancelled directly on United's app. Not a problem, came back as a flight credit, which by the way, I already used on a different ticket while having still $110 on a flight credit. So $190 have been used for a different flight I needed and actually took yesterday.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:14 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by carlitos
Correct, cancelled directly on United's app. .
It appears this does not work for all UA tickets. How long ago was the original flight booked and cancelled?
nsx likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Original flight was booked on November 4, 2023 and I waited until November 6, 2023 to cancel it. Tried cancelling on November 5, and it said it was going to be refunded to a Credit Card with the last 4 digits different to my Venture X (just testing the waters) per FAA 24 hour rule. On the 6, it said it was going to be a flight credit if I cancelled, so I cancelled it and received the bellow email:

Transaction summary

Credit Ticket value USD315.69
Change fee Per fare rules
Begin travel by Nov 04, 2024
TravelinSperry likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.