Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:39 am

Travel credit turned into Delta eCredit

My Venture X fee posted on 11/25, and my $300 credit reset a day or two later. I booked a $298 Main Cabin flight with Delta, with plans to cancel for an eCredit. When I tried to cancel, the Delta website gave me an error. Delta support chat said they could cancel it for me, but there would be a $50 external partner fee.

Thankfully, I was able to change my flight to a same-price flight on another day, without a fee (since it was Main Cabin). I was then able to cancel the flight for a full $298 eCredit.

If my travel credit posts in time (45 days after the last date on the statement where my fee was mention, apparently), then I will probably cancel my card for a refund. I also have a CSR and Amex Plat, and would rather get the double dip bonus on the travel credit and move on. I'm doubtful the 10k anniversary bonus points will post in time, but that will be a nice bonus if so!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 12:52 pm

Ok, it has now been over 7 business days since the C1 booking - no credit yet and the charge is not reflected in the $300 benefit "meter". What's going on?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 1:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tr3k
Ok, it has now been over 7 business days....
Scroll back to early October, say post 90, and read forward, in particular:

Originally Posted by saveri
Made a travel purchase on September 17 through Capital One Travel a few days after getting the card. $300 credit has not posted as of October 7. Called two days ago and was told it would take up to two billing cycles.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Scroll back to early October, say post 90, and read forward, in particular:
My experience with other cards is that the "up to X billing cycles" is just a safety language. In particular when it says in the same paragraph, that the credit should post in 7 business days. Normally, if it does not post in the defined time - it does not at all (and I fully expect now to have to call and fight with C1 to get it). It's a new card to me, and the initial experience is not great.
Compare that, say, to Amex offers, which post in 1-2 business days (and if they do not - a quick chat with customer service, and it posts right away)

Edit: read messages above. Sure wish I read those first before applying for this card. Very disappointed. Def. not closing my Citi Preferred (and if C1 experience continues to be like that, it's going to be canceled before the next anniversary)

Last edited by tr3k; Nov 29, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:42 pm

Re: clawback

I've read two instances where a clawback did not take place. Are there any instances where it has taken place?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:21 pm

In case people on here are not aware, it is now possible to call Cap1 travel to book Southwest flights. They show up on the portal, but (as is usually the case for Southwest) do not show the ticket prices. Interestingly, I think the Southwest ticket price is reflected in the price prediction tool, e.g. if the current lowest price is a Southwest price, it will show up on the tool even though you can't see it in the listing.

I was told Southwest bookings do earn 5x points this way, and they count towards the $300 credit. If nothing else, this should provide a reasonably good way to bank the credit: purchase a ticket for $300, cancel through Southwest to get flight credits with them. Southwest flight credits never expire, so this would be better than Delta etc., assuming you'll fly Southwest at some point.
nsx likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:33 pm

My experience with other cards is that the "up to X billing cycles" is just a safety language. In particular when it says in the same paragraph, that the credit should post in 7 business days. Normally, if it does not post in the defined time - it does not at all (and I fully expect now to have to call and fight with C1 to get it). It's a new card to me, and the initial experience is not great.
Compare that, say, to Amex offers, which post in 1-2 business days (and if they do not - a quick chat with customer service, and it posts right away)

Edit: read messages above. Sure wish I read those first before applying for this card. Very disappointed. Def. not closing my Citi Preferred (and if C1 experience continues to be like that, it's going to be canceled before the next anniversary)
I'd probably call in to check, although be prepared to HUCA or ask for a supervisor, as most of the reps don't know much about this ime.

The first time I used the credit, it came within 3 business days I think. But others have had different experiences. And though I love Amex, I've had absurdly long wait times and frustrating customer service experiences for some of their offers and bonus points too, so it's definitely not only a cap1 thing. Idk what causes delays like this, but all banks have such issues.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:38 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by travelcards
In case people on here are not aware, it is now possible to call Cap1 travel to book Southwest flights. They show up on the portal, but (as is usually the case for Southwest) do not show the ticket prices. Interestingly, I think the Southwest ticket price is reflected in the price prediction tool, e.g. if the current lowest price is a Southwest price, it will show up on the tool even though you can't see it in the listing.

I was told Southwest bookings do earn 5x points this way, and they count towards the $300 credit. If nothing else, this should provide a reasonably good way to bank the credit: purchase a ticket for $300, cancel through Southwest to get flight credits with them. Southwest flight credits never expire, so this would be better than Delta etc., assuming you'll fly Southwest at some point.
A Southwest credit can also be transferred to another person if you first use it to buy a WannaGetAwayPlus fare. That process takes a few days.
travelcards likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by randerman
My Venture X fee posted on 11/25, and my $300 credit reset a day or two later. I booked a $298 Main Cabin flight with Delta, with plans to cancel for an eCredit. When I tried to cancel, the Delta website gave me an error. Delta support chat said they could cancel it for me, but there would be a $50 external partner fee.

Thankfully, I was able to change my flight to a same-price flight on another day, without a fee (since it was Main Cabin). I was then able to cancel the flight for a full $298 eCredit.

If my travel credit posts in time (45 days after the last date on the statement where my fee was mention, apparently), then I will probably cancel my card for a refund. I also have a CSR and Amex Plat, and would rather get the double dip bonus on the travel credit and move on. I'm doubtful the 10k anniversary bonus points will post in time, but that will be a nice bonus if so!
Why would you go through all of this? This card is for frequent travelers. Don't you plan on traveling at least once in a 12 month period?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Why would you go through all of this? This card is for frequent travelers. Don't you plan on traveling at least once in a 12 month period?
When booking from C1 travel site, there is no stay/night/points for the hotel stay. This may be the major reason we want to not book here.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing

Humorous comment -- keep Citi Bank is one of the worst banks for getting credits which take at least 1 billing cycle.
My experience with Capital One was 3 business day credit of $200 travel charge(car rental).

I've read where some people with capital; One Venture X bring the VRBO charge have waited month or longer getting credit.
Canceled my Citi CC due the poor peromence of customer service and credit posting.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:02 am

Citi is far from perfect (my biggest annoyance with them is that they cheated me out of a new account bonus once, but I've learned my lesson and don't even try that with them anymore).
That does not absolve C1 of their responsibility. It's now been 1.5 months and the travel charge is still not even reflected in the $300 "widget" (so def. not refunded yet).
I am waiting for the next billing cycle (another 2 weeks), to call - but this is quite scammy on their part.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Citi is far from perfect (my biggest annoyance with them is that they cheated me out of a new account bonus once, but I've learned my lesson and don't even try that with them anymore).
That does not absolve C1 of their responsibility. It's now been 1.5 months and the travel charge is still not even reflected in the $300 "widget" (so def. not refunded yet).
I am waiting for the next billing cycle (another 2 weeks), to call - but this is quite scammy on their part.
Seems like many CC benefits are being changed one year after created .I dislike and do not trust bank out all cc ravekl card institutions, I had to file a CFPG complaint to get my Global Entry credit which I won the after filing,

Capital One makes me sad as C1 VX card comes out $395 AF in NOV 2021, I enroll June 2022......now effective Jan 1 2023 lose PP dining credit as 70k SUB wasn't all that impressive
.As I said I had no problem with C1 on my car rental travel credit with 3 days of charge posted just think C1 travel portal is worthless.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by hypnos982
When booking from C1 travel site, there is no stay/night/points for the hotel stay. This may be the major reason we want to not book here.
Why not just book a flight? I've booked a few dozen flights through the portal. Miles and elite status are earned with the airline. Never an issue, including delayed and changed flights.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
.... Never an issue, including delayed and changed flights.
Which airlines required that you use Hopper to make changes, and what was the experience?

Last edited by mia; Dec 25, 2022 at 6:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.