Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 Venture X Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access

C1 Venture X Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 6, 22, 12:41 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
There is a separate thread for discussion of the Capital One Lounge at DFW in the Airport Lounges Forum.

Discussion of the forthcoming Capital One Lounge at DEN is here.

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 20, 22, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by mia View Post
No. Keep reading:

The fact that your Priority Pass membership would pay for two guests does not override the restaurant's "one guest" policy.
Good catch! Went to the PP app and saw similar terms for Yankee Pier at SFO, which I have used frequently. I have used it with two guests a few times and always received $84 credit. But I guess YMMV as the terms only allow for one guest.
mia likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:10 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + UA Plat + AS MVP 75k Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Pre-Covid I regularly flew to HKG, and neither my Amex Platinum nor its associated Priority Pass would provide access to the Plaza Premium First lounge there; looks like the Plaza Premium First Lounges in KL + HK + MFM + CGK (if/when they all reopen) are included with the Venture X agreement. Wonder if these are typos, or just part of the agreement? Or that very few Venture X cardholders ever fly out of MFM.

Also looks like there are quite a few lounges for Amex and not Venture X and vice versa; most notably the Capital One agreement does not cover the PVG or SHA lounges (although almost all of those lounges are on Priority Pass).

Would not be surprised at some point in the not to distant future that Amex will leave Priority Pass, which would make the Venture X card that much more valuable.

as of 23.9.2022:
Lounges Included with Amex and not Capital One:
  • JNB Mashonzha Lounge (International Terminal A)
  • MCO Plaza Premium Lounge (South Terminal)**
  • BAQ Macondo Lounge (Domestic Departures)
  • BAQ Cumbia Lounge (International Departures)
  • PEK BGS Premier Lounge (International Departures, Terminal 2)
  • PEK BGS Premier Lounge (International Departures, Terminal 3)
  • MCT Majan Lounge (International Departures)
  • PVG 9 lounges
  • SHA 4 lounges
  • IOM Rendezvous Lounge (Departures)*
  • CNS Reef Lounge (Departures)*
Lounges included with Capital One and not Amex
  • KUL Plaza Premium First (International Departures, Satellite Terminal)
  • HKG Plaza Premium First (Near Gate 1, Departures)*
  • DXB Plaza Premium Lounge (Arrivals, Terminal 3)**
  • MFM Plaza Premium First (Departures)*
  • TAO Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures)**
  • CGK Plaza Premium Lounge (International Departures, Terminal 3)**
  • CGK Plaza Premium First (International Departures, Terminal 3)**
  • SYD SkyTeam Lounge operated by Plaza Premium Lounge (International Departures, Terminal 1)*
Old Sep 26, 22, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer View Post

Also looks like there are quite a few lounges for Amex and not Venture X and vice versa; most notably the Capital One agreement does not cover the PVG or SHA lounges (although almost all of those lounges are on Priority Pass).
Weird to me that is the case; I would have expected the agreements Plaza has with Amex/C1 to mirror each other. The fact that each has some the other doesn't suggests it is a reason other than price...

Would not be surprised at some point in the not to distant future that Amex will leave Priority Pass, which would make the Venture X card that much more valuable.
I would be surprised if this happens. There are way too many lounges in Priority Pass for Amex to pull out, especially in places Americans in the Amex Plat's US target market tend to go. Most of continental Europe's lounges would disappear (CDG, VCE, MAD, BCN, LIS, OPO, NCE, VIE, PRG, ZRH, just to name a few), as well as Asia (HND except flying DL, NRT, ICN, BKK, etc), and other big places upper-middle-class and higher Americans fly out of or through (IST, DOH, DPS, MLE, CPT, NBO, HNL, SCL, LIM, PUJ, SJU, etc etc). I can't see Amex negotiating with all these lounges separately; the overhead of doing so seems well worth paying Priority Pass their $3-5/person markup over what they'd pay the lounge directly.

IF Amex were to drop Priority Pass, we'd know well ahead of time as Amex will need to have contracts with a decent number of lounges in the above airports in order to do so. If we start seeing large swaths of Priority Pass' lounges start accepting an Amex card for access without processing the transaction through the PP network, then I would expect the PP affiliation to go away at some point.

Last edited by mia; Sep 26, 22 at 4:04 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Sep 26, 22, 4:14 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lowfareair View Post
....too many lounges in Priority Pass for Amex to pull out,....
Maybe. American Express (USA) added Priority Pass to Platinum in 2011 after they lost their contracts with CO/UA and AA/US. Now that they have built their own lounge network, and strengthened their relationship with Plaza Premium and Escape, they might consider Priority Pass expendable. American Express has something that we don't - data on how often their cardholders use specific Priority Pass lounges -and- a good idea how many have Priority Pass through another card.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 5:36 pm

Plaza Premium in Taipei airport requires advanced booking. When I try to make booking, it asked me to pay. Will C1 credit the charges?
Thank you
Old Sep 27, 22, 6:07 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nitecruiser View Post
Plaza Premium in Taipei airport requires advanced booking.....
I see that they offer reservations, but not that they are required. Where do you see this?

Capital One Venture X, Venture and Spark Miles cardholders have access to the following Plaza Premium Lounges. To learn more information about these lounges, including open hours and a list of amenities, please select “Find Lounges” in the top navigation. Lounge access is on a first come, first serve basis and depends on the space available upon entry. Please visit CapitalOneTravel.com to view more information about our access policy and entry requirements.
Source: https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...es/capitalone#
At this time, we’re not taking advance reservations to Priority Pass Lounges or Plaza Premium Lounges through Capital One or our Partner Lounge Network. Keep in mind, lounge access is on a first come, first serve basis and depends on the space available upon entry.

Customers are responsible for any payments made to book advance reservations directly through Priority Pass or Plaza Premium.
Source: https://www.capitalonetravel.com/lou...lounge-network
Old Sep 27, 22, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by nitecruiser View Post
Plaza Premium in Taipei airport requires advanced booking. When I try to make booking, it asked me to pay. Will C1 credit the charges?
Thank you
I assume you meant the day rooms? If so, no, neither Amex or Capital One will cover it. They only cover the standard entrance into the lounge, which doesn’t require reservation.

Search this Thread