Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 Venture X Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access

Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access directory: https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...lounge-network

There are separate threads discussing the Capital One branded lounges in the Flyertalk Airline Lounges forum:

IAD (Baltimore Washington)

DFW (Dallas Fort Worth)

DEN (Denver)

Effective January 1, 2025, Venture and Spark Miles cardholders will no longer receive complimentary lounge access. You will have 2 complimentary visits to Capital One Lounges or Plaza Premium Lounges to use by December 31, 2024. Venture and Spark Miles cardholders can access Capital One Lounges at a special rate of $45 for themselves and their guests.

All other cardholders & non-customers can enter at the standard rate of $65.

​​​​​​​Source: https://capitalonetravel.com/lounges...al-one-lounges

Print Wikipost

C1 Venture X Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access

Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thanks for the post reference, but doesnt appear that Authorized Users have that in their app - my question is specifically for that - been doing a screen share and looking through the app, theres like nothing there (on my Cap1 side, I've added them as an online access user). Its odd...

So.. does PP get them into the C1 lounge?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 4:01 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
There is additional discussion here: Digital pass to access Capital One lounges without physical card.

Capital One lounges are not Priority Pass lounges.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:20 pm

thanks for the thread-tip, mia
Old May 9, 2024, 7:35 pm

closed Captialone Venture X card- priority pass still works?

I closed my Capital one Venture X credit card about 5 months ago just when the annual fee came up I had an authorized user with her own Priority Pass card. I was told that she and her 2 guests were able to use the priority pass card to get in the lounge about a week ago. I forgot to tell her I closed my credit card.

I know that the authorizer is not responsible for the priority pass airport lounge payment.

Did Capital one bank NOT close down the priority pass card for my authorized user?

Am I responsible to pay the airport lounge bill even though I don't have the credit card anymore?

Will Priorty pass make me pay for their airport lounge visits should capital one not pay for it?
Old May 11, 2024, 5:39 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by metoometoo
I closed my Capital one Venture X credit card about 5 months ago just when the annual fee came up I had an authorized user with her own Priority Pass card. I was told that she and her 2 guests were able to use the priority pass card to get in the lounge about a week ago. I forgot to tell her I closed my credit card.

I know that the authorizer is not responsible for the priority pass airport lounge payment.

Did Capital one bank NOT close down the priority pass card for my authorized user?

Am I responsible to pay the airport lounge bill even though I don't have the credit card anymore?

Will Priorty pass make me pay for their airport lounge visits should capital one not pay for it?
You closed the credit card that pays PP for your use.
How is C1 going to make you pay? Especially for something you don't pay for in the first place?
PP only knows you through C1, so how could they make you pay.

I suspect PP will simply eat the charge and make certain that your AU's number is cancelled in the future for club admission.
Old May 14, 2024, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by radonc1
You closed the credit card that pays PP for your use.
PP only knows you through C1, so how could they make you pay.
PP has the AU's name & address from her enrollment into the membership. They could bill the AU given that AU signed the record of visit.
PP's terms stated they will charge the customer who used an invalid mean of access.

But realistically, they probably won't. Someone in the accounting/audit team would probably flag this, then there will be a meeting invite to the Product team and Systems team to discuss addressing this gap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.