C1 Global Entry or TSA Precheck benefit

Old Dec 16, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by italdesign
Curious, has anyone used the Global Entry credit for someone else? Can you use it for anyone as long as it's charged to the card?
I have purchased a new Global Entry membership for my child using my Venture card and the credit came through like clockwork.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by italdesign
Curious, has anyone used the Global Entry credit for someone else? Can you use it for anyone as long as it's charged to the card?
Anyone. Anywhere. Anytime.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:22 pm

Global Entry for my son. Payment posted 12/29 and credited on 01/05.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 6:19 pm

I don't have the Venture card, but rather the older, perhaps discontinued "Professional" card with a $39 annual fee and 2% back, credited to past travel purchases (but the 2% applies to all purchases). I was surprised when I used it to apply for GE renewal that I received a $100 credit So the benefit extends to some other Capital One cards. It is not in any of the benefit paperwork that I have.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Wondering how long the GE (or Precheck) credit takes to post, and if my Nexus renewal might auto-post as a credit.

Renewed my Nexus on July 4, and charge has posted. Not sure if technically these are reimbursed - didn't see any mention of it specifically applying or not applying. But it does use the same portal to apply as GE, and charge comes from the same place (and is $50 vs. $100). Already used my credit from CSR (my wife and I happen to have memberships expiring at the same time), so already used that credit. So thought that trying to see if it would credit via Cap1 would work.

If it won't auto-credit, anyone know if they might 'manually' credit if I call in and ask?
Did you get your Nexus reimbursed in the end on C1 Venture X? Have a family member who needs to renew their Nexus.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
TSA Precheck Credit?

Can the credit on my card be used for anyone applying for TSA precheck even if they do not have a card in their name? My wife and I bothe have TSA precheck already and thinking of applying for our kid.
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.