Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines, faults.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Have you transferred Capital One Miles to any airline or hotel program?
One World airlines (Asia Miles, British Airways, Finnair, Qantas)
9.09%
Skyteam airlines (Aeromexico, Flying Blue)
9.09%
Star Alliance airlines (Air Canada, Avianca, Eva Air, Singapore, TAP Portugal, Turkish)
18.18%
Independent airlines (Virgin, Emirates, Etihad)
13.64%
Hotel chains (Accor, Choice, Wyndham)
0%
I have an eligible Capital One card, but have not yet transferred.
59.09%
I have a Capital One card, but it is not eligible for the transfer feature.
0%
I do not have any Capital One card.
9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines, faults.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
In this respect C1 is the worst among transferrable currencies as transfers are possible only to the primary card holder.
I'm not sure I would say worst. Sure it has this restriction, but compared to other programs:
  • You can transfer miles away from the primary account (not locked to account owner like Amex)
  • You can transfer miles to just about anyone (not just household members like Chase)
  • Transferred miles don't expire (unlike Citi)
Considering the completely free VentureOne card maintains the full ability to transfer to all Capital One transfer partners, it's pretty easy for anyone to set themselves up to transfer points to partners.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Virgin Red name mismatch

I'm getting declined to transfer C1 miles to Virgin Red due to name mismatch despite my names matching. Every transfer I initiated is declined and returned to my account within a minute. Anyone else solve this?
Old May 14, 2023, 11:44 am

Transferring miles to AU account

Is it possible to transfer miles to an authorized user's frequent flyer account? My parent (who's an AU on my Venture X) are short of some BR miles for a redemption, so I would like to transfer some Capital One miles to their BR account. If this doable by giving them online access?

Edit: should've asked under C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines, faults. - FlyerTalk Forums. Can a mod help me move it?

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; May 14, 2023 at 11:54 am
Old May 14, 2023, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Is it possible to transfer miles to an authorized user's frequent flyer account? My parent (who's an AU on my Venture X) are short of some BR miles for a redemption, so I would like to transfer some Capital One miles to their BR account. If this doable by giving them online access?

Edit: should've asked under C1 airline and hotel transfer partners, rules, timelines, faults. - FlyerTalk Forums. Can a mod help me move it?
No, but if they have any venture card, you can transfer miles to them and they transfer out.
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:56 am

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver Medallion
Transferring miles from AU account to EK

Hello, I am an authorized user on C1 VX and I want to transfer miles from my account C1 account to my EK Account. When I log into my account, and go to the Emirates transfer miles page, the main cardholder’s name is locked, and I can’t change it to mine. If I enter my Skywards account # with the main cardholders name, will the transfer be successful?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:09 am

Angry Capital One Transfers to British Airways Have Been Down Forever

It's been down for at least 2 weeks now since I first checked. I've seen DPs of people complaining about this a month ago on Reddit. Calling is no help since CRSs will just say that I can still use my miles to book travel on their portal and have no idea of when this will be back up. This is so frustrating! BA is the best bang for the buck for me since I live in an AA hub. I found 4 seats for my family and I on a flight to the Caribbean that I will probably miss out on because of C1's mess. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Well if even OMAAT's post about it was removed, means world's greatest fanboy has also no clue ...

A new post which seemingly "forgets" about the unavailability of BA is however fortunately in the comments alerted by readers whom still report no BA functionality

https://onemileatatime.com/news/capi...s-unavailable/
EDIT: Interesting the URL link suggests the post was not removed yet rewritten: onemileatatime.com/ news/ capital-one-mileage-transfers-unavailable/
Must be the cap1 sponshorship but opnions are still his own so lest we forget about no BA functionality ....

Last edited by HadesNL; Oct 5, 2023 at 8:48 pm
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Tried to transfer to BA and got C1's email confirmation saying it is complete and miles are available. However, nothing in my BA account. BA account is not new, have had it for a long time... Anyone know why this may be?
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Tried to transfer to BA and got C1's email confirmation saying it is complete and miles are available. However, nothing in my BA account. BA account is not new, have had it for a long time... Anyone know why this may be?
isn’t it down for “maintenance”? - has been for over a month [ eye roll
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Tried to transfer to BA and got C1's email confirmation ....
See also here: Capital One points transfer security delay issues.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 3:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Wow...had 100k C1 Miles from my SUB and just transferred them to SQ and took less than 2 minutes!

Awesome!!!
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:40 pm

Transferring Capital One Miles Authorized User loyalty frequent flyer account

Honestly, this has got to be the dumbest thing ever! Why am I not allowed to transfer Capital One Miles to my Authorized User's loyalty frequent flyer account? Chase and AMEX allow you to do this with relative ease. Utter garbage 🗑️ I tell ya! 😔 /endrant
Old Jan 18, 2024, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ayayronyo
Honestly, this has got to be the dumbest thing ever! Why am I not allowed to transfer Capital One Miles to my Authorized User's loyalty frequent flyer account? Chase and AMEX allow you to do this with relative ease. Utter garbage 🗑️ I tell ya! 😔 /endrant
If they have a C1 account, you can transfer from your C1 account to theirs (over the phone) and then they can transfer to their frequent flyer account.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:19 pm

Miles earned on CapitalOne cards

If I apply for this card, I am promised 75,000 miles if I meet their spend requirement, But what miles are these? Which airline program do they relate to? Perhaps a dumb question, but I am lost!
Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by puchong
....But what miles are these?
Capital One has long used the word Miles rather than Points for their rewards.

Capital One Miles can be transferred to the airline programs listed on their website. Start here: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/venture/ , scroll down to Transfer Your Miles*** > Click on the Information symbol (a small i in a circle) to see a list of the transfer partners.

puchong likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.