Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Capital One | Rewards Miles
Reload this Page >

C1 card referral questions and issues (No offers in this thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
.... the person being referred has to be new to Capital One....
Do we know how far back Capital One looks to see if the applicant has previously held an account? I am not asking what their rules say, but do they actually look back to 1994 (or earlier)?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by mia
Do we know how far back Capital One looks to see if the applicant has previously held an account? I am not asking what their rules say, but do they actually look back to 1994 (or earlier)?
That I am not sure of, but it's very possible they go back to the beginning. You can always send the referral and see if it works, I don't see a negative effect of that. That would be an excellent DP.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
I've been reading that referral bonuses are only good for new customers. Does that mean if I've ever had a card, signing up with P1 link won't grant them a referral bonus? Or does it mean that since I'm not currently a customer, I'd be considered a new customer?

Had a Spark Miles Business card from 10/2019-10/2020, but haven't had an account with them since.

TIA
Venture X referral T&C states that the person has to be a new Capital One credit card customer. I referred my wife end of January who is a new Capital One credit card customer (her first card with Cap One), but NOT a new Capital One customer ( she has checking and savings bank accounts with Cap One). She was instantly approved but I haven't seen any referral bonus post yet. But, I have read reports that the bonus does take a few weeks to post, so we shall see!
There is no clear language that I could find that says that existing Cap One bank customers wont be eligible, so I rolled the dice!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list

Originally Posted by tkam0
Venture X referral T&C states that the person has to be a new Capital One credit card customer. I referred my wife end of January who is a new Capital One credit card customer (her first card with Cap One), but NOT a new Capital One customer ( she has checking and savings bank accounts with Cap One). She was instantly approved but I haven't seen any referral bonus post yet. But, I have read reports that the bonus does take a few weeks to post, so we shall see!
There is no clear language that I could find that says that existing Cap One bank customers wont be eligible, so I rolled the dice!
AFAIK you won't get the referral bonus until your wife meets the minimum spend and receivers her bonus.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by philemer
AFAIK you won't get the referral bonus until your wife meets the minimum spend and receivers her bonus.
Min spend is the condition for wife's SUB. Referral bonus only requires the referred person to be approved.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Min spend is the condition for wife's SUB. Referral bonus only requires the referred person to be approved.

Approval is the condition for the referral. I received my 25k well in advance of P2 completed spend.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 8:56 am

In the same boat as you. Friend had a checking account that they closed but no prior credit cards. Keep us updated! Hopefully we'll both get the referral bonuses!
Old Feb 27, 2022, 5:23 pm

My $200 credit is still MIA for a Airbnb charge that posted on Feb 4th! Called Customer Service and just got the useless "wait 2 cycles" before they will look into it. Tons of people getting the credit in 3-4 days, so not sure why this charge (it is for a valid Airbnb stay, and not a gift card purchase) wont trigger the credit! Has something changed recently in how C1 is posting the credit?

My 25K referral bonus has also not posted, and I have been waiting almost a month! I had read about folks getting the bonus fairly quickly as well. Either C1 doesn't like me , or something seems to have changed on how C1 posts credit/bonus.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My $200 credit is still MIA for a Airbnb charge that posted on Feb 4th! Called Customer Service and just got the useless "wait 2 cycles" before they will look into it. Tons of people getting the credit in 3-4 days, so not sure why this charge (it is for a valid Airbnb stay, and not a gift card purchase) wont trigger the credit! Has something changed recently in how C1 is posting the credit?

My 25K referral bonus has also not posted, and I have been waiting almost a month! I had read about folks getting the bonus fairly quickly as well. Either C1 doesn't like me , or something seems to have changed on how C1 posts credit/bonus.
I'm sure you're aware, but if not, I too thought I was missing my 25k referral bonus. But found out the person referred has to be not only new to C1X but also C1 in general. Kinda a bummer, but I suppose understandable. Just a thought.

And as a point, I too was waiting over a month for my AirBnB credit. Called in and got the usual. Ended up canceling the AirBnb, for other reasons, but hope that doesn't put a snag in things when I go to use the credit again.

When my DW used her C1X credit it posted in like 4 days. Wonder if it has something to do with the new year as she got and used hers right when the card was launched.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG
Capital One Venture X (General Discussion)

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Used my wife's referral link. Haven't had a Card with them in 2 years, but sounds like the rule is if you've "ever" been a cardholder, referrer wont get a bonus. Fingers crossed this rule might have exceptions....
I called because I don't have the refer a friend option and was told it was because I recently upgraded. I asked about the previous accounts rule. Referrals are eligible after 540 days (1.5 years?) after closure of an account. You can even have an open non-branded Capital One card like Williams-Sonoma, Walmart, etc. and be eligible.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

I called because I don't have the refer a friend option and was told it was because I recently upgraded. I asked about the previous accounts rule. Referrals are eligible after 540 days (1.5 years?) after closure of an account. You can even have an open non-branded Capital One card like Williams-Sonoma, Walmart, etc. and be eligible.
P2 had a referral link immediately after approval. Never seen that before!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Bah! Well, just looked at when I closed that account, I thought it had been longer. Closed 508 days ago. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold

Can current cardholders send referrals with the100K point offer? I just recently found out about this card and is interested to get one.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Can current cardholders send referrals with the100K point offer? I just recently found out about this card and is interested to get one.
The referrals now reflect the 75K point offer.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:59 pm

Does anyone know how long we can get the referral bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.