Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Capital One Reconsideration: 800-625-7866

Print Wikipost

C1 application process (all cards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Capital One sensitive to MS for sub?
I asked the same question, no answer yet.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:42 pm

similar situation

Originally Posted by Mike B
I was instantly approved with an 810 credit score and almost two dozen open cards, low single digit credit utilization. Only one new card in past 18 months, and I am (now that I’m approved) at 3/24. One more data point. I buy into the theory that they are going easy on points and miles enthusiasts to suck us in from Amex and CHase. I did have one existing card with Cap One, one of my oldest cards that I don’t use for regular spending but have a small recurring monthly payment on. I’m sure that helped.
Thanks this is the closest DP i've been looking for.
800+, ~20 open cards, 3/6, 4/24. ~8k monthly spend (mortgage + other) , no MS, no balance.
What would be the prognosis?

Last edited by ddjen11; Nov 14, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Capital One sensitive to MS for sub?
6 months will place the time frame in Apr, prepaid/overpaid tax? only thing is in the past this worked well but this year has been a huge delay, although the float might not matter to some.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:04 pm

Approved instantly.
  • ~810 credit score
  • Answered “sometimes” to carrying a balance (although I never carry a balance)
  • 5 open credit cards
  • $6K/month spend
  • 3 total credit card applications in the past 24 months
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by ddjen11
6 months will place the time frame in Apr, prepaid/overpaid tax? only thing is in the past this worked well but this year has been a huge delay, although the float might not matter to some.
Well, yes i use this strategy from time to time - about to do this for Amex. That said, it is because amex IS sensitive to mo for subs. Wouldn’t have enough left on the prepaid pax front to cover the high spend.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
I was auto-denied (6/24 but with biz cards also) for Venture X, for having too many revolving lines of credit (ahem). I called the customer service line for reconsideration, the gentleman wrote down my basis for wanting the card, and said I'd hear back within a few weeks. I immediately received another email informing me that I had been denied and they knew I was disappointed. I did not receive multiple emails from Experian etc. informing me that someone checked my credit, so apparently Cap1 was sure enough of the denial that it saw no need to run my credit again. I guess that's good...
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by UsernameChuck
I was auto-denied (6/24 but with biz cards also) for Venture X, for having too many revolving lines of credit (ahem). I called the customer service line for reconsideration, the gentleman wrote down my basis for wanting the card, and said I'd hear back within a few weeks. I immediately received another email informing me that I had been denied and they knew I was disappointed. I did not receive multiple emails from Experian etc. informing me that someone checked my credit, so apparently Cap1 was sure enough of the denial that it saw no need to run my credit again. I guess that's good...
thanks for the DP. Just wondering, did you ever tried C1's pre-approval check before applying?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

thanks for the DP. Just wondering, did you ever tried C1's pre-approval check before applying?
I found it useless for the premium cards.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 1:50 pm

Arrow C1 application process (all cards)

Originally Posted by UsernameChuck

Same thing happened to me. I called and the rep was very nice but before I even hung up the phone got another denial but no additional credit pull. The same too many revolving lines of credit. I have never had issues with Amex or chase. - credit score 750-800, never delinquent and annual salary approaching 7 figures
Go pound sand - I will take my business elsewhere
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
I did not try preapproval, I read somewhere that it was unreliable...
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Jprod
Same thing happened to me. I called and the rep was very nice but before I even hung up the phone got another denial but no additional credit pull. The same too many revolving lines of credit. I have never had issues with Amex or chase. - credit score 750-800, never delinquent and annual salary approaching 7 figures
Go pound sand - I will take my business elsewhere
Does this mean too many credit cards currently open? Any idea how many you have open?

Last edited by UA Fan; Nov 16, 2021 at 5:49 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Does this mean too many credits currently open? Any idea how many you have open?
I have 9 open currently
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Jprod
I have 9 open currently
Thanks. Can we have more data points about the number of credit cards open by those who got rejected and instantly approved?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Thanks. Can we have more data points about the number of credit cards open by those who got rejected and instantly approved?
I was instantly approved. I have over twenty cards open, and at least half a dozen are regularly used. I had one new card in the Spring, but otherwise have no new cards for over a year. One thing that might have helped me is that I have another C1 card that has been open for over twenty years with a perfect payment history. To ensure it is seen as active, I have a small monthly fee charged to it, and occasionally put a larger charge or two on it. That may have helped me.

Last edited by Mike B; Nov 16, 2021 at 7:14 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm wondering if it has to do with overall revolving credit potential. I'm not sure people want to post that here, but while it could be related in part to the number of cards, it could be the total open credit, which can be pretty large with only a few cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.