Last edit by: mia
Capital One Reconsideration: 800-625-7866

Print Wikipost

C1 application process (all cards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
I've seen online lots of people are getting them expedited
Do you have to request for it to be expedited or is that just standard how the ship the card?
is there a fee to expedite? (Chase expedites for free. Barclay charges to expedite)
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by kayexalate
Do you have to request for it to be expedited or is that just standard how the ship the card?
is there a fee to expedite? (Chase expedites for free. Barclay charges to expedite)
Perhaps something changed recently, but I wasn't able to get the card expedited back in January because it was a new account according to CS.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 2P
Will Capital one rush/expedite ship this card? Haven't applied yet and leaving the country in a couple weeks and will have some big spend while abroad
If they do rush/expedite, is it free or will they charge you a fee?
My card is due to arrive today via FedEx overnight, one week to the day following a manual approval of the card. I was told by the rep who approved the application that there is no way to request expedited processing.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:17 pm

My wife was instantly approved on Monday afternoon. Card arrived via Fedex this (Wednesday) morning.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:05 am

Two questions somewhat related:

1. if I add P2 as an AU, does that decrease P2's chance for approval if she applied for this card herself in the future?

2. if I add P2 as an AU, does that eliminate my ability to get a referral bonus if she applies for this card in the future? (the referral bonus clearly states, "Since this program is about new people joining Capital One, you must be a new Capital One credit card customer for your friend to receive a bonus as part of the referral program. If you already have a credit card with Capital One, your friend will not receive a referral bonus.")
--however I don't know if being an AU is considered as being a Capital one credit card customer and thus negating P1's referral bonus.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:10 pm

I would say being a AU means you are a CapitolOne CC customer.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG

Originally Posted by lanb
I would say being a AU means you are a CapitolOne CC customer.
It's not the AU's account, so no, in this instance.

1. if I add P2 as an AU, does that decrease P2's chance for approval if she applied for this card herself in the future?

2. if I add P2 as an AU, does that eliminate my ability to get a referral bonus if she applies for this card in the future?
Currently, no and no.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
It's not the AU's account, so no, in this instance.
Currently, no and no.

2. if I add P2 as an AU, does that eliminate my ability to get a referral bonus if she applies for this card in the future? (the referral bonus clearly states, "Since this program is about new people joining Capital One, you must be a new Capital One credit card customer for your friend to receive a bonus as part of the referral program. If you already have a credit card with Capital One, your friend will not receive a referral bonus.")
--however I don't know if being an AU is considered as being a Capital one credit card customer and thus negating P1's referral bonus.
It could play a factor in approval.

Just got denied whereas spouse got approved 6 weeks ago. We have similar scores in the upper 700s.

Denied for too many hard pulls in 12 months - Spouse and I have same pulls mostly due to mortgages.
Too many recent open accounts. - Same number of accounts opened in past 24 months.

Only difference between when spouse and I applied is I have the Venture X added to my report as an AU at time of application.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:06 am

In terms of delivery of the card, I learned that it is supposed to ship via FedEx, but some slip through the system and ship via regular mail.

I applied on Sunday and was instantly approved. The robo-email said that I should receive the card in about three business days. I phoned Wednesday evening to check on the shipping status, as I am going to be out of town for a number of days and did not want a FedEx envelope sitting by my front door. One rep said that it was shipping USPS. Another said "Preferred Carrier." Finally, a supervisor explained the situation and saw that it was in fact shipping FedEx. He was the one that explained that some slip through the cracks. My card arrived yesterday.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:18 pm

What is the reconsideration line number for cap one venture x?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
In terms of delivery of the card, I learned that it is supposed to ship via FedEx, but some slip through the system and ship via regular mail.

I applied on Sunday and was instantly approved. The robo-email said that I should receive the card in about three business days. I phoned Wednesday evening to check on the shipping status, as I am going to be out of town for a number of days and did not want a FedEx envelope sitting by my front door. One rep said that it was shipping USPS. Another said "Preferred Carrier." Finally, a supervisor explained the situation and saw that it was in fact shipping FedEx. He was the one that explained that some slip through the cracks. My card arrived yesterday.
There's no slipping through the cracks. That doesn't make sense. When I called, I was informed the only exception to the FedEx delivery is when there is a product upgrade, which is what my case was, and mine came in the mail. So there may be a delay in getting the card to FedEx itself, but it'll get delivered via FedEx in any instance outside of a product upgrade, and probably a natural change in expiration date. I'm sure Capital One is aware that the majority of Venture X customers do not carry a balance, hence no interest earnings. I can imagine the goal is to have the card in the customer's hand to use, instead of them using some other brand in lieu, ASAP.

Last edited by Boogywoogy; Mar 11, 2022 at 4:46 pm
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
There's no slipping through the cracks. That doesn't make sense. When I called, I was informed the only exception to the FedEx delivery is when there is a product upgrade, which is what my case was, and mine came in the mail. So there may be a delay in getting the card to FedEx itself, but it'll get delivered via FedEx in any instance outside of a product upgrade, and probably a natural change in expiration date. I'm sure Capital One is aware that the majority of Venture X customers do not carry a balance, hence no interest earnings. I can imagine the goal is to have the card in the customer's hand to use, instead of them using some other brand in lieu, ASAP.
I completely agree. There seems to be a bit of confusion among the representatives at capital One, as I was getting different answers until they finally escalated the call to a supervisor. Apparently the policy is that the cards are supposed to ship FedEx, but that is not always the case. The supervisor further stated that they are trying to fix this problem so they don’t accidentally ship regular mail.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by yerffej201
What is the reconsideration line number for cap one venture x?

I was able to reach them at 1-800-625-7866
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
My wife was instantly approved for a card online....added me as an AU. We thought it would work better this way based on our recent application history.

This was apparently the easy part. Got the link to verify the mobile #...all good. Then went in to setup the online account. This is where things got problematic. Entered in the correct info., it confirmed she was to manage the new card account ending in last 4 numbers, which I assume is going to be the card number, and then clicked the button to manage the account. It had an [unchangable] username inserted, and a spot to enter the password. Couldn't figure out why it said that password was incorrect...she thought she was giving it a new one. Through this process, she got locked out before we realized the probable reason it was looking like a login page (with an unchangeable user name...couldn't figure that out) vs. a sign up page. Back in the day, we used to have a joint ING Direct online savings account, which got taken over by Cap1, of course. That account was closed a couple of years later, so its been several years...I'd guess somewhere between 5-10, and completely forgot about that. So it must have linked her SSN to that old login, and was looking for that password. Given that was well before the days of password managers, and it being so long ago, she doesn't even know what that was. I'm more surprised that an online account from that long ago with no accounts attached is still in existence..,you'd think if you had a dormant online account with no accounts attached, it would be purged somewhere down the line.

Her account is now locked, and unable to get a password reset done, as it doesn't recognize the phone number that she could verify with..,even though that has not changed all those years. So I guess she will have to call in...annoying, but hopefully once that snag is settled, she should be able to access. I suppose this gives her exactly 0 chance of getting an instant number to use online until the card arrives.

Speaking of card arrival, the confirmation said that the card should arrive within 3 business days...we'll definitely keep our eye out for that.

Any experience on how AUs are treated, by the way? Is it like Amex, where the AU has a separate card number, and can get a login for the transaction on that AU card only, or is it more like Chase where the AU has the same number, and the access is limited to primary card member only?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Any experience on how AUs are treated, by the way? Is it like Amex, where the AU has a separate card number, and can get a login for the transaction on that AU card only, or is it more like Chase where the AU has the same number, and the access is limited to primary card member only?
Different card number. No login for AUs, but you can be switched to an AM and then create one. I think Capital One only allows AU access for small business accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.