Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Make sure you have an account set up with the provider (car rental/hotel/airline) that you are booking travel with before you book with CapOne.
Print Wikipost

Booking travel through C1 portal by Hopper

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Star Alliance Gold, OneWorld Sapphire
Originally Posted by Moh20
Data point:

I requested a price match for a hotel I booked through the capital one travel portal (within the 24 hrs window) and the request got approved in 2 hours.

We've processed your request to match a lower price on your booking. You’re getting a refund of ($xx) to your original payment method. This should be posted to your account within 7-10 business days and you will see it on your statement within 1-2 billing cycles.

Thanks for being a Capital One customer!”
Did the same thing with a car rental last week. C1 Travel quotes $1000 for 4 days but it was $270 on Avis' website. Interestingly, they let me match to the Avis pre-paid rate instead of pay at the counter. They refunded me over $700 within a day. The points I earned from $1000 x10 were clawed back to $270 x 10.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: DL, WN, B6, Marriot, IHG
Originally Posted by MajoredinMiles
Did the same thing with a car rental last week. C1 Travel quotes $1000 for 4 days but it was $270 on Avis' website. Interestingly, they let me match to the Avis pre-paid rate instead of pay at the counter. They refunded me over $700 within a day. The points I earned from $1000 x10 were clawed back to $270 x 10.
Was this via phone as well?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Boogywoogy
Was this via phone as well?
As far as I can determine, everything has to go over the phone. I am having issues with a hotel booking. I have documented emails from the hotel, but no way to get them to C1 travel as proof of what I am trying to tell them over the phone. They simply say they do not use email, period.

They are very nice over the phone, but not very helpful, at least in my case. Glad to see that some people are having decent luck with them.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium

Can't seem to find the answer to this question:
If I book a United flight through the travel portal and associate my United MP #, what elite benefits do I get (if any):
- Choose E+ seating (portal was charging me for E+ seating)
- Put on the upgrade list
- Priority boarding
- Ability to apply upgrade certs (PlusPoints)

I guess my question would be whether or not I'm able to pull up the reservation through United after I book? If so, then I would probably be able to do all of the above
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

Originally Posted by awu25
If I book a United flight through the travel portal and associate my United MP #, what elite benefits do I get (if any):
- Priority boarding

I guess my question would be whether or not I'm able to pull up the reservation through United after I book? If so, then I would probably be able to do all of the above
I booked in F, but was able to use the record locator to look up my flight in the system, and I see it in the UA app as well. I'm guessing once that's there you can move yourself up to E+
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
If you have a UA PRN# you can always add your MP# on UA.com and proceed as though flight were booked on UA.com.

I have purchased AC flights with mostly UA metal, found UA PRN on AC.com, proceed to add MP# on UA.com and ended number one or number two on u/g list I was able to get E+ and priority boarding
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by toofast
1. Yes it does. I'm added on my wifes card, and it appeared on all 3 reports after 2 months.
2. -
3. No signature is needed on the card. This does seem to be the trend with some new cards.
- Priority boarding

In my test booking, I put in my FF# and it showed up on UA. I saw no issues with seating. When I clicked cancel, it would not allow me to do it saying I had to go via TA. When I did Change, it would allow me to go to the search with a warning that anything with a lower value would not qualify for a FFC. Once the change was completed, UA owned it. This is slightly disappointing because I get a 5-10% "break from business" discount booking thru UA. The "change search" does not give this discount. I thought I could just anything of equal price via the portal and cancel the flight for FFC and use it as payment booking on UA to get my discount and my portal rewards. I guess one must choose one or the other. It devalues the rewards slightly as well as this was the primary way I had planned to spend my rewards.
As for PP, the main issue is that the portal is extremely limited and you don't have a way to control the booking class. If you are trying to go for a W+ fare or even OAR, you might run into issues.
I called up C1 and they told me that they over the phone and the website are both unable to book a multi-city flight. So more limitations.

Last edited by eng3; Jan 13, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

Careful with Hertz:

https://viewfromthewing.com/rent-a-c...-jail-roundup/
Old Jan 23, 2022, 7:50 am

Has anyone booked a Delta ticket (main, non refundable but changeable) using the portal and tried to change it on Delta website? Is it allowed thru Delta website? Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Has anyone booked a Delta ticket (main, non refundable but changeable) using the portal and tried to change it on Delta website? Is it allowed thru Delta website? Thanks
I don’t know the answer, but I assume this is a significant trip where you want things to work. My advise is in the age of Covid, stick to booking flights with the airline directly. If you have the (admittedly increasingly pricey) Amex Plat you can still get 5x points directly with the airline.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Mike B
I don’t know the answer, but I assume this is a significant trip where you want things to work. My advise is in the age of Covid, stick to booking flights with the airline directly. If you have the (admittedly increasingly pricey) Amex Plat you can still get 5x points directly with the airline.
​​​​​​I am just looking for ways to use the $300 credit. If I can change the tickets directly thru the airline websites, that would be an easy way to use the annual credits.I agree with you completely regarding booking direct. We travel a few times a year, and always book direct (air and hotels).

Edit: From this reddit post, it looks like you can change/cancel flight directly thru the airlines
https://www.reddit.com/r/CreditCards/comments/rf9n3b/comment/hodnhzf/

Last edited by asdfghjk; Jan 23, 2022 at 9:50 am
Old Jan 23, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Yes, no problem changing the ticket.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:51 pm
Original Member

Was looking at booking some flights to get the 5x points. If I decide post-flight to apply points against that purchase (credit against travel), can you apply that to Capital One travel and would it negate the 5x points - or would it reduce my points by 2x (netting 3x points)?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Was looking at booking some flights to get the 5x points. If I decide post-flight to apply points against that purchase (credit against travel), can you apply that to Capital One travel and would it negate the 5x points - or would it reduce my points by 2x (netting 3x points)?
From my conversations with customer service, my impression is that you keep the full 5x (or 10x) points when redeeming points for credit against travel booked through the portal. So it's technically better to book through the portal with cash and then redeem points to cover the cost afterwards, rather than booking with points directly.
Also, I know for sure that you still get points for the bookings that trigger the $300 annual travel credit, unlike the $300 credit that comes with the CSR.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Another datapoint with the portal.

Booked a BA ticket. Their crappy portal (hopper) only provided economy, I had no option for premium economy or business.
On the BA site, when I tried to look at my upgrade options, it says it requires "Travel agent authentication" and wants an "IATA code"
Anyone happen to know a code that works?

This is definitely annoying with their portal. I should be able to change my own ticket. Especially if its just an upgrade.

Now when I view my reservation on the portal site, it says the reservation is managed by the airline and to contact them for any changes or cancellation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.