Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Make sure you have an account set up with the provider (car rental/hotel/airline) that you are booking travel with before you book with CapOne.
Print Wikipost

Booking travel through C1 portal by Hopper

Old Jun 5, 2024, 8:14 pm

I just don't see the appeal of the price match anymore. Even if you're successful you still have to pay the higher price up front today and end up with portal credit, where in the future you might have to do the price match again and just keep kicking those dollars down the road.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by SpaethCo
I just don't see the appeal of the price match anymore. Even if you're successful you still have to pay the higher price up front today and end up with portal credit, where in the future you might have to do the price match again and just keep kicking those dollars down the road.
Yes, it's not very appealing. I will most likely downgrade this card to Venture One next year.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Yes, it's not very appealing. I will most likely downgrade this card to Venture One next year.
Would Venture One be any more appealing? I'm not familiar with it.
Old Jun 6, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Would Venture One be any more appealing? I'm not familiar with it.
Yes, it has no AF, and allows you to transfer to partners. Other than that, it's useless.
legionnaire and MaxVO like this.
Old Jul 4, 2024, 9:14 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just a warning / FYI - while scanning through dozens of local non-chain hotels in Canada, I noticed that Capital One portal is charging roughly the same price in US dollars as the hotel lists in Canadian dollars on their website. Expedia, hotels.com and others are charging the correct price. I was able to call Capital One Travel and book using the lower price. Either their fx transalation online is broken or its some bug equating USD to CAD.
happychic likes this.

Last edited by frmnj; Jul 4, 2024 at 9:28 pm
Old Jul 5, 2024, 2:21 pm

any thoughts as to why a hotel would be showing up as available to book in all the travel booking sites (hopper, booking.com, expedia, orbitz, etc) but not available in any of the credit card travel portals such as C1, AMEX, Citi?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.